NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

I am sooooo ready! The only question is who finishes #2.

Will Williams meet KU (the real KU-Kansas) tournament time? Will his seniors beat Kansas' Freshman, Sophomores? Did Tyler (player of the year) learn anything from Cole Aldrich? Will the Morris twins confuse Kansas opponents? Will KU, picked 3rd in the Big 12, go deep in the tournament? Can't wait for College BB in HD!:D

I don't know all the early schedule. Kentucky-Carolina should be interesting, but I don't expect any drama there. I've heard that UCLA could meet dook in the finals of one of the early season tournaments in NY. That would be worth watching. Notre Dame and Texas should also meet in the semis of the Maui Invitational. The winner gets to get blasted by UNC in the finals. :D The Carolina-Michigan St. game in Detroit should be an early test for the Heels. If they win that one easily look out. :eek:

Unlike college football all of the good teams will get tested early.

Texas will hurt Carolina's pride, probably will be the Tar Heels first defeat.:D

UConn - Gonzaga in Seattle should be a great game - the "Battle in Seattle" always ends up being a 90-87-type game, and I think Gonzaga needs a little payback for last year. :)

How awesome would a UConn/UNC final be?

Not even if they got Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin back.

One of the ratings services, Jim Lynch:

My Preseason Top 35 Teams (2008-2009):

1) North Carolina - an obvious choice since this team remains intact from last year's Final Four finish. Coaching: Roy Williams - very good, but usually finds a way to lose in the NCAA Tournament both at Kansas and North Carolina. This team was pretty much dominant last year but was trounced by Kansas by 18 in the Final Four.

2) Texas - Augustin is gone, but James and Abrams are back making this a dangerous team. Coaching: Rick Barnes - excellent

:D

How long until UConn becomes the monster they were from 1995-2006?

That program has not recovered from the George Mason loss.

I STILL can't believe that THAT UConn team with Rudy Gay, Hilton Armstrong, Marcus Williams, Rashad Anderson, Josh Boone and Denham Brown lost to George Mason?!!! :eek: :mad:

How long until UConn becomes the monster they were from 1995-2006?

That program has not recovered from the George Mason loss.

It's painful because you could really see a corner turned last year, until AJ Price got hurt.

He's the real deal, and if healthy, I think this year is a big one for UConn

Does anyone know when the ESPN Full Court schedule will be released?

I'm a Kentucky fan. They are on their way back but it won't be this season. I hate to say it but this is UNC's title to lose. Unless they have massive amount of injuries they shouldn't lose anymore than two or three games and win the title.

Preseason poll released.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings"]Moved Permanently[/ame]

No surprise at the top. I guess UConn is the favorite in the BE.

What's your top 10 then?

1. North Carolina
2. Louisville
3. UCLA
4. Texas
5. Michigan State
6.UConn
7. Texas
8. Memphis
9. Pittsburgh
10. Notre Dame

HOW are Purdue and Arizona State ranked AHEAD of the defending national champs from Kansas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts