NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

You got Texas in there twice. And Kansas lost almost everyone from that NC team, so it's not a surpirse that they're ranked low. No one knows how good they'll be.

And time will tell at what point in the tourney, if Duke even makes it this year, when they will be ousted again . . . so so sad how Duke is quickly falling . . . :( :( :(

I am shocked at the ranking of 5; cannot explain that one nor will try to defend it!

And time will tell at what point in the tourney, if Duke even makes it this year, when they will be ousted again . . . so so sad how Duke is quickly falling . . . :( :( :(

I am shocked at the ranking of 5; cannot explain that one nor will try to defend it!
Dude...You're joking, right? Even after a lack-luster season last year (a record a slew of teams would love to have), they only lost 1 player and as much as I liked DeMarcus Nelson, he was streaky at best. Duke added a top 20 SG, a 6'8" F, and a 6' 10" F. Plus, 4 players had surgery over the summer, so they're not playing hurt. I'm NOT saying Duke will win it all (as big a fan as I am, I'm not stupid), but they are NOT falling anywhere..:rolleyes: And next year..let's just say Duke has picked up it's recruiting efforts (commits from Ryan Kelly, Josh Hairston and Tyler Thornton) TREMENDOUSLY.

Last edited:
Dook added a bunch of heralded recruits that will now follow the "Coack K hugs" program, and drop into permanent suckage. UConn at 2 is a bit high (but not ridiculous). Dook at 5 is a complete joke!

Dook added a bunch of heralded recruits that will now follow the "Coack K hugs" program, and drop into permanent suckage. UConn at 2 is a bit high (but not ridiculous). Dook at 5 is a complete joke!
Evidence? Since you have almighty God-like psychic abilities, why are you not on the Ranking Commitee?..AGAIN...NO ONE SAID DUKE WAS GOING TO DOMINATE S**T....

:up I expect dook will continue its tradition of flopping, whining and bitching to the officials this year. It won't make them any better because they will still rely on jacking 50 3's a game and they have no one any good inside. Plus in spite of K's Olympic experience he still won't play more than 7 guys on his team so guys like Henderson and Singler will lose their legs by March and dook will make another early exit.

:up I expect dook will continue its tradition of flopping, whining and bitching to the officials this year. It won't make them any better because they will still rely on jacking 50 3's a game and they have no one any good inside. Plus in spite of K's Olympic experience he still won't play more than 7 guys on his team so guys like Henderson and Singler will lose their legs by March and dook will make another early exit.
Actually, public school guy, there are 12 in the rotation this season:rolleyes:. Go ahead and ride this season out, maybe make it to the final 4 (yep, they made it farther than Duke did last season. Too bad they don't give a trophy for that. I would've made a fortune making a t-shirt that said: "Carolina: We went to the Final Four and all we got was this lousy T-shirt"), and get embarrassed again, lose 8, maybe 9 players after this season and we'll watch the Carolina bumper-stickers and flags magically disappear like they did during the DOH-oerty/ Guthridge days.:up PS-It's not too hard to have a good record when you have the super-duper easy schedule Roy gives his players. I think they might actually play a high-school team this year!

All this Duke/Carolina bashing, and they STILL have a football game that could determine bowl game berths!
I'm not gonna touch this one. I'm not much of a football fan (it's ok, just not knowledgeable on the game itself), and NEVER claimed to be, but I will say it seems by record alone, Coach Cutcliffe has made good progress so far with Duke this season. Actually, I'm going to the Wake/Duke game this Saturday (free tickets). Sorry for the halfway thread hi-jack:(.

Go ahead and ride this season out, maybe make it to the final 4 (yep, they made it farther than Duke did last season. Too bad they don't give a trophy for that.
Actually we did get a trophy for making the FF. It will go along nicely with the trophy we got for winning the ACC.

PS-It's not too hard to have a good record when you have the super-duper easy schedule Roy gives his players. I think they might actually play a high-school team this year!
I don't think Kentucky, Michigan St, Texas or Notre Dame are exactly high school teams.

When North Carolina plays Duke, I root for the Heels every time!!!!

Why, you ask???

Dookie V! Enough said

I don't think Kentucky, Michigan St, Texas or Notre Dame are exactly high school teams.

DAMN! Talk about a tough gauntlet.

I said a few weeks back that this UNC team could go wire-to-wire unbeaten ala 1991 UNLV. This Heels team returns everyone, which reminds me of that phenomenal Rebel team. This could be the best team in college basketball in YEARS!

I said a few weeks back that this UNC team could go wire-to-wire unbeaten ala 1991 UNLV. This Heels team returns everyone, which reminds me of that phenomenal Rebel team.

Are you sure of that? I could be wrong but the last undefeated team I remember is Indiana 1976.

I could be wrong but the last undefeated team I remember is Indiana 1976.

True, but no team has gone into the tournament unbeaten since UNLV in 1991.

That's step 1; Step 2 is going the entire season AND NCAA Tournament unbeaten.

I said a few weeks back that this UNC team could go wire-to-wire unbeaten ala 1991 UNLV. This Heels team returns everyone, which reminds me of that phenomenal Rebel team. This could be the best team in college basketball in YEARS!
Oh yeah, the same entire team who got beat down in Kansas? They got what, 4 freshmen, now they're the greatest in years? Whoa, Nelly..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)