NCAA Football 2014 season

Sadly, season is unknown for Braxton and there goes the Bucks season as well.

The two backing up Braxton have next to no experience .... now had we still had Kenny Guiton, I would feel fine, IF Braxtons season is over, it's all over for OSU this year, sadly because they have good parts, looking to gell, but they have no back up QB as of yet.

They have Cardele Jones who was here last year, but played sparingly and a freshman that I believe Meyer said the other day has passed up Jones on the depth chart.

Barrett is the Freshmans name.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/08/the_offense_moves_better_when.html

Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller reinjured shoulder in Monday afternoon practice, in question for season: Report

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/08/ohio_state_quarterback_braxton_9.html#incart_river

Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller re-injured his shoulder during the Buckeyes' afternoon practice and his availability for this season could now be in question, according to the Columbus Dispatch's Tim May.
Thats the article I was starting to read.

Well, Braxton got thrown in the fire early because of injury as did Terrelle, may as well get Barrett in there and get started ... never like Braxtons throwing maybe Barrettt will be better ... the article I posted above mentioned that Barrett is a combination between Miller and Guiton, well see.

Fwiw, Barrett is the first Meyer/Herman pick as a QB, the others came in prior to Meyer or were chose by someone else ?
I just read that, but if Barrett is a Sophmore, Meyer and company would have picked him, I think.

Last edited:
You never know. Bama has broken in new qb's to great success recently and we hope to do so again this season.

Of course it's different when you've planned on one all off season.

Tons of talent left though.

You never know. Bama has broken in new qb's to great success recently and we hope to do so again this season.

Of course it's different when you've planned on one all off season.

Tons of talent left though.
Defense will have to carry the team this year till the new QB and offense gell .... we still have RB's and new recvrs too.

I didn't like what I saw from Jones last year ...
So I'm all for them going with the Freshman Barrett and see what happens.

Defense wins championships. Trust me, I'm a Bama fan. :D
I've always said that, however, if you recall, the Bucks Defense was pathetic last year, I know alot of changes were made as well as style of D, as well as a bunch of 4 and 5 star players have been recruited, well have to see ... the opening game against Navy is now in doubt and Va Tech should have a fun time the next week.

Bucks should have a formidable defense by the 7-8th game, don't know what to expect from the guys the first half of the season ...

Just saw the ESPN scroll about Miller. Damn shame.
If he's out hopefully he'll apply for medical redshirt.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-football-could-be--going-away-232207654.html

Hawaii athletics director Ben Jay painted a grim picture for the future of his football program while speaking to the university’s board of regents on Monday afternoon.

"There's a very real possibility of football going away," Jay reportedly told the Board. "But even if football goes away, all the revenues that football drives goes away and then it becomes a costlier venture for the university."

Jay is hoping the board will ask the state for the direct funding. Hawaii is currently facing a $1.5 to $3-million budget deficit this year and has worked under a budget deficit during 11 of the past 13 years.

And the football program isn’t helping.

With the cost of travel for them, I am surprised this hasnt come up before.

From Bill Greene on OSU board (247). Real good source for info.

1- Thought this deserved it's own thread since it's updated info. If it doesn't, Jeff can merge with the other one.

2- The play was a normal 8-yard out pattern. Braxton was not hit.

3- He made the throw and grabbed the shoulder in terrible pain. He felt it was worse pain and in worse shape than before the original surgery. He thinks the shoulder is blown completely, but he's not a doctor and going off the pain.

4- MRI in the morning, I was told.

5- IF, big IF, but IF he's out for the year, Braxton will DEFINITELY redshirt and has already told teammates that.

6- I don't want this taken wrong, because I love the kid and think he's a great representative of college football and Ohio State. BUT, he has overblown his injuries in the past. The ankle at Nebraska. The "head" injury that was a shoulder injury vs. Purdue. The near death hit at MSU 2 years ago.

7- I would not panic until the results are in and a DOCTOR confirms the injury. I would not be surprised at all to see Braxton under center in a few weeks. But I do not want to minimize what could be a very serious injury. And I AM NOT dogging the kid at all. But we've seen this before and hopefully it's happening again.

I hope Braxton's injury isn't too bad. He is exciting to watch.

I'm just tired of seeing Oregon get love every year and then bust, and here they are ranked high again with tons of Mariota love. Call me unconvinced.

Sure, they are a fast team that can run up the score, but when they face a physical team, they just are not big enough. The players also tend to run their mouth in arrogance and I do not care for that either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts