NCAA Football 2014 season

I hope Braxton's injury isn't too bad. He is exciting to watch.

Yeah he is... but damn I was hoping to see him at full against VT's secondary. Now both teams will be starting a new QB.

Defense wins championships. Trust me, I'm a Bama fan. :D

pft.... VT has had a top 5 defense and projected to have the #1 this year and they still can't win a championship! lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...eing-us-more-mid-week-football-135956321.html

Mid-week football in November isn't going anywhere.

The MAC and ESPN made a 13-year deal official on Tuesday and as part of it, ESPN's networks will televise 14 mid-week football games in November in 2014.

The deal covers the final three years of the original agreement between the conference and the network and an additional 10 years. The MAC Championship Game will stay on the Friday evening of championship weekend (December 5) on ESPN2.

Reactions: Jimbo
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...friction-with-coaches--players-210233003.html

Louisville’s season hasn’t even started yet and he’s already drawing criticism — from inside his program.

According to Sports Illustrated, which cites sources with ties to the program, Petrino has had feuds with defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and several players, who wanted to leave Petrino’s program before it even got started.

I believe it. Guy (from the outside looking in, as I do not personally know him) seems to have very little class.

You need a good defense to win a NC, no doubt. But, you also have to have an offense with heart.

Winning it all is like hunting - being at the right place at the right time. FSU last year had that happen, they had the other teams at the top fall at the right time such as OSU to get out of the way and give them a chance to play for it. Auburn had the same thing happen with the two most amazing plays last year that I've ever seen live...I was lucky to be watching both those games live.

Marshall is expected to go undefeated this year.. could very well happen and if they do you won't have a stupid computer in their way to get to the top. They will have been at the right place at the right time.

Lol, it wont matter if Marshall does go undefeated, the computers have never been the reason that they arent playing for the national championship.

Winning it all is like hunting - being at the right place at the right time. FSU last year had that happen, they had the other teams at the top fall at the right time such as OSU to get out of the way and give them a chance to play for it. Auburn had the same thing happen with the two most amazing plays last year that I've ever seen live...I was lucky to be watching both those games live.

Marshall is expected to go undefeated this year.. could very well happen and if they do you won't have a stupid computer in their way to get to the top. They will have been at the right place at the right time.

Key is, control what you can control. Treat each game with equal importance, win your conference and the rest is what it is. You can say OSU getting out of the way, but they lost two games at the end of it and probably did not deserve to be there or never would have.

I liek how Gruden approached the NFL season. Each 4 game block was a mini season where he wanted to go 3 and 1. You do that all year and you are 12-4 and in the playoffs.

None of this matters if you do not have an offense and defense, period. Oregon is a prime example of a powerful offense but a small and not as strong defense. They could win more with a less potent offense and better and more physical defense. Best scenario would be their normal offense, and bigger physical defense.

I could have easily filled all my slots with SEC teams, but figured that was obvious. So here is my OOC list of teams im following.

South is probably a surprise pic, but being a former student before they had the football team, and the big push for it, Ive been interested in their success. They are in a talent rich area, and I could see them becoming a good small conference/mid major success story.

1:FSU -defending champs, have to follow
2:Clemson- I just like the atmosphere
3:OSU- before this injury, its good to keep an eye on those that might compete
4:Oklahoma-See above
5a: South Alabama
5b: Southern Miss-I want to see just how far they can fall. After they shafted Bower, well, I just quit being a fan.

Ok, what are 5 teams you will follow this season besides your own?
hmm... good question, not sure it'll be that many, but here's my go at it:

UGA - Was my favorite before I went to Tech, and now is 2nd.
GSU (the real one in Statesville) - First year in 1-A, so will follow them, especially since we play them for the first time ever this year.
Lead team in ACC - to see if Tech has a chance, not likely
Lead team in SEC - to see if the Dawgs has a chance, more likely than Tech having one
Every other ACC/SEC team - to see how the rivals are doing

Looks like it will be the season even more now for Miller.
As bad as that is, there probably isnt another team set up to lose a starting QB and still make a run like Ohio State.
The schedule alone is a godsend as they really dont have anyone to play until November against Mich State, and really nothing after that.

Yeah he is... but damn I was hoping to see him at full against VT's secondary. Now both teams will be starting a new QB.

pft.... VT has had a top 5 defense and projected to have the #1 this year and they still can't win a championship! lol
Now I'm really looking forward to the Bucks and Va Tech, just to see how this freshman QB Barrett grows, (red shirt, injury) freshman.

Looks like it will be the season even more now for Miller.
As bad as that is, there probably isnt another team set up to lose a starting QB and still make a run like Ohio State.
The schedule alone is a godsend as they really dont have anyone to play until November against Mich State, and really nothing after that.
Ya right ....

Va Tech is a 50/50 chance of winning in week two, matter of fact they Should win, with Barrett starting his second game.
MSU game will not be close if Barrett doesn't improve significantly thruout the season.
Penn State will not be a cakewalk either.
Michigan now has thier best chance at beating OSU as it has in decades.
Fortunately they don't play Wisconsin or Nebraska.

The fact that you are going to start a backup is the only thing that makes a very few of those games iffy, and I acknowledged that in my post.
Ohio state has enough (on paper) talent and depth to overcome the few question marks IMO.
The weak schedule gives them the rest of the boost to finish the season in good shape.

So like I said, they are in a unique position to make a run when it comes to losing a starting skill position player.

I do feel that the schedule is the main favorable factor. By far.

The fact that you are going to start a backup is the only thing that makes a very few of those games iffy, and I acknowledged that in my post.
Ohio state has enough (on paper) talent and depth to overcome the few question marks IMO.
The weak schedule gives them the rest of the boost to finish the season in good shape.

So like I said, they are in a unique position to make a run when it comes to losing a starting skill position player.

I do feel that the schedule is the main favorable factor. By far.
I am soooooo tired of EVERY YEAR hearing the same sh*t about the easy schedule, like they have nobody on thier schedule, you sec boys play alot of easy games as well, except you won't admit it.
You have a whole 2/3rds of your confereeance that isn't "all that", just like the others.

Herbie picks:

Alabama, FSU, Mich St and UCLA to make playoffs.

As far as hard schedules, I don't even sweat that argument anymore, its just grasping at straws. For one, stuff is setup a ways out and you do no have control over what goes on with other teams within your conference. You also have no control if you pick an OOC team for two years down the road, and they blow.

FSU got heat for a weak schedule last year, where we smoked BCS bowl attendee Clemson (who beat OSU) and the ACC champ contender Duke (who almost beat Texas A&M). Fact is, until two teams actually play each other, their road to getting their is moot.

Who would have expected Bama to get manhandled in the Sugar bowl?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)