NCAA Football 2014 season

I am soooooo tired of EVERY YEAR hearing the same sh*t about the easy schedule, like they have nobody on thier schedule, you sec boys play alot of easy games as well, except you won't admit it.
You have a whole 2/3rds of your confereeance that isn't "all that", just like the others.
Its not giving you sh**, the schedule is favorable. Are you saying that it is not?

And yes, every decent team has easy games on their schedule. Who have you been talking to that says otherwise?

As to the 2/3rds of the conference isn't all that, I guess it depends on what all that is. Not that it was part of my post in talking about Ohio states talent level coupled with the schedule keeping them as a contender.

Reactions: mccoyrj
I am soooooo tired of EVERY YEAR hearing the same sh*t about the easy schedule, like they have nobody on thier schedule, you sec boys play alot of easy games as well, except you won't admit it.
I'll admit it. Georgia has a cake schedule once they get past the Clempson and USCe.

The Gamecocks are in the same situation, with A&M going back to pre-Maziel obsurity, hard game with Georgia early, then nothing until Clempson.

The East is pretty bad this year. Florida & Tenneess doing nothing the past couple years, Kentucky & Vandy, well they're who they are, and Mizzou looks to be down.

The West is better with Alabama, LSU, and Aubarn. But beyond that, the Miss schools are again who they are. And Arkansas has been down since motorcycle-gate. A&M, without Manziel and having their Pac-12 "defense", likely won't win a conference game.

The West is better with Alabama, LSU, and Aubarn. But beyond that, the Miss schools are again who they are. And Arkansas has been down since motorcycle-gate. A&M, without Manziel and having their Pac-12 "defense", likely won't win a conference game.

Ole Miss may actually have their once every 7 or 8 year good teams this season. I can see them as an 8 win team at least, perhaps winning 10 with a break or two.

A&M, I just dont know. Manziel was such a HUGE part of their success the past two seasons, but they have brought in talent on par with any school since they made the jump. If they are ready is the question.

Auburn, and I may be alone on this on here, I think is about to drop off compared to last season. It all just seemed TOO lucky, and the ball cant continue to bounce that way every time. That and I am just not sold on Gus.

As far as schedules go, Bamas is favorable as well. Our big OOC opponent has laid an egg since being scheduled, then we have Southern Miss.
Florida is our east opponent this year, and may be good, or may be 4-8.
Ole miss will be improved and may make it interesting but we should pull away easily.
The only real pitfall thats there (on paper) is LSU since we play them in BR.

All of our other big games are at home. Except the rivalry with Tenn, and they just arent back yet.

And then there's the ACC, which has gone back to being FSU and the 8 (now 13) dwarves...

Potential brights spots are Clempson which seems to have come back to the Danny Ford glory days, and possibly Louisville. Pretty much everything good is in the Atlantic, while GT and the Coastal just suck.

I wish they'd reorganize the ACC.

I think assuming more than 6 or 7 on Bama's schedule is a cake walk is a little much. Consider this, Coker is unproven, and by most accounts may not start the first game. If Coker does not shine at Bama and Simms plays the year, it could be a long one for Bama, regardless of defense.

Let's be honest, Coker should be great, but when he got to play with the 2's in FSU's games, he did not do well. The same 2's that Maguire played with after Coker's injury, and performed better than Coker.

On paper, Coker should be much better than Maguire. The Qb situation at Bama is my biggest concern this year, but as long as they beat Aubie I dont much care.

And then there's the ACC, which has gone back to being FSU and the 8 (now 13) dwarves...

Potential brights spots are Clempson which seems to have come back to the Danny Ford glory days, and possibly Louisville. Pretty much everything good is in the Atlantic, while GT and the Coastal just suck.

I wish they'd reorganize the ACC.

It isn't that the Coastal sucks by no means...its just that many teams are unproven from new starting QB's to replacing guys on either line. Nobody has a flipping clue if VT for example is going to do anything all because of the offense. On paper and in the minds of many in CFB they recognize that VT should have a top 5 defense this year but won't do no good without an offense and a spark on special teams. UNC is favorite to some to win the division but again lots of unproven parts of the team as with Miami, GT and even Duke. UVA has no chance at doing much again this year because their schedule is just horrible and that is bad for London too since I'm sure if they don't come out with a winning season he's gone. No idea with Pitt but some have looked at them to be a surprise team too so its really gonna depend on who shines after the first 2-3 weeks.

As for the OSU game that VT has its 2nd week, win or lose (as long as its tight) could speak worlds for the rest of VT's season. OSU they said had a 8% chance at running the table this year, this was before Miller went out and their schedule isn't that light as people say and could get better as the season goes on. All I have to say is VT's defense will be sniffing out fear in any rookie QB, they always have and that is something Foster projects into his guys - you can bet he will blitz the sh*t out of them if he suspects it will rattle a rookie QB and he can stuff some run game.

On paper, Coker should be much better than Maguire. The Qb situation at Bama is my biggest concern this year, but as long as they beat Aubie I dont much care.
New quarterback at Georgia is my concern to. Anytime you get a new quarterback it's a big question mark as there's a big difference between high school and college. Thankfully they have Gurley to take some pressure off of the new QB.

On paper and in the minds of many in CFB they recognize that VT should have a top 5 defense this year but won't do no good without an offense and a spark on special teams.
A top defense based on numbers in the coastal really doesn't say anything. OOC play didn't help either.
VPI's schedule last year was pretty weak (being in the coastal hurts SoS), and didn't have a single win against a ranked team. With the exception of OSU, this year's schedule is just as weak. All this combined gives VPI a good shot at going to the ACC Championship game, where they'll face FSU, Clempson, or Louisville, each of which has a stronger schedule.

With a decent O line, bama SHOULD be fine, even without a stand out QB. The backfield is as stacked as it has been in recent years and that is saying alot.
If the O line doesnt come together, then we will have issues.

If Coker comes in and lights it up, this could be the best Bama offense in decades. Our WRs are as loaded as our RB corp.

I just am not comfortable with Sims. At all.

VPI's schedule last year was pretty weak (being in the coastal hurts SoS), and didn't have a single win against a ranked team.

It wasn't all that weak... they matched up good against Alabama regardless of the score they still held them low on yards. Also it isn't true they did play and beat a #14 Miami team on home turf last year. I would say that their schedule this year is about the same as last year if not harder with the away games and finally bringing back the Thursday night games was something every fan was wanting.

Miami was not worth it's #14 ranking at the time, that's why I always use end of season rankings to determine how many ranked teams someone played, win or lose.

As for holding Alabama on yards, how much of that was against the 2nd and 3rd string?

As for holding Alabama on yards, how much of that was against the 2nd and 3rd string?
A portion of it at least. The whole fourth quarter for sure. I know they ran two QBs and just about all the running backs got a carry or two.
AJ did not have his best statistical game, and the tech defense had something to do with that.
Yeldon and Tenpenny had good success running though with yeldon having 75 yards and sitting the the final quarter averaging 4.8 a carry.
Tenpenny had 24 in the final quarter averaging 4.

The total rushing stats were down because AJ gave up 23 yards on sacks and bad runs, and the final RBs were just mop up duty.
Va Tech played good on defense for sure, but the game was never even remotely in question.

finally bringing back the Thursday night games was something every fan was wanting.
I just dont understand a team like Va Tech actually wanting to play on thursday.
It makes sense for a mid major, but a team in a power conference? Give me Saturday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts