New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just called them up and they sent me over to technical support. I told them about my guide issues and that I wanted to see about a new receiver and they asked me if I planned to upgrade to a 3D TV and they said that they would upgrade me since the H20 isn't 3D capable.

So I get a guaranteed upgraded receiver and I will get the new HD Guide when it rolls out. Yay me!!!

Thanks for your help.

Good for you ...

Well she said it was because I planned to upgrade and that I'm a new customer (3 months old) and that I was nice to her.

She did say i would have to activate it, is that what you mean?

Being nice, often goes a long ways.

They must be mailing it to you then.
Swap it out when you get it, turn it on and you'll get a message to call in, they will activate it from there.
You can do that with a CSR or thru the automated prompts I believe, may even be able to do it online, I haven't done one lately.

Being nice, often goes a long ways.

They must be mailing it to you then.
Swap it out when you get it, turn it on and you'll get a message to call in, they will activate it from there.
You can do that with a CSR or thru the automated prompts I believe, may even be able to do it online, I haven't done one lately.
Yeah she told me to call and they will walk me through it.

Can't wait. The H20 is good, but it's slow and won't get any new updates, so there is really no point in having it out there. Plus my new one is going to be black and it will fit seamlessly into my HT setup.

H24 is what you want, H25 looks very limited to me, no LAN, SWM only, no component without the special adapter wire.

if its a HD receiver (not DVR) they're all pretty much the same
I have a H23 and it works great as a reciever

have had it for a month or so...but I downloaded it during the CE (Cutting Edge) window on the weekend

I'll let you kmow in a few minutes. My bedroom DVR is downloading new software (04DB).
I have no idea if that means it's getting the new GUI. :)

Nope.... just new software apparently. No new GUI.

Last edited:
Guys, keep in mind, this new software is being sent out staggered across the country, from the West coast to the East.
It won't be at all recvrs at the same time.

Here is the new useful screen saver on the SonicTAP music channels in the new GUI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the new useful screen saver on the SonicTAP music channels in the new GUI.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that screen saver has been out for a very long time. The new HD GUI did change the theme of it.

On the old RCA receiver I had, it would float around like that, but there would be animation in the background too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So did this actually start to roll out? Has anyone gotten it as part of a "normal" software update as opposed to forcing an update through the CE program?
Just curious.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)