New to Dish, Set up Question

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Finally got around to hooking up a 211K and Dish 500 and got my Welcome Pack account activated. I first tried to hook to a Diseqc switch on my FTA system and loop out of my FTA receiver to the 211, but could not get signal. I know I was properly aligned as I had both 119 and 110 on the FTA receiver. There was no switch with the Dish 500 I got. I did a direct hookup from the 119 lnb to the 211 and had success! I haven't had a chance to try the 110 side yet. Will a regular Diseqc switch work or do I need something specific for Dish? I plan on running a dedicated coax for it when I get time - which is in short supply these days working 12 hr. shifts. Thanks for any advice!

Dish receivers will only work with Dish lnb's. There are three different types, Legacy, Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus. If you are only using one receiver, go with a DPP twin lnb as it has the switch built into the lnb head.
I have a Dish twin lnb for 119 and 110. Not sure what type it is. There is a coax connection on each side. You are saying I should get both sats hooked to just one? There was only one line hooked to it from the house I got it from, I don't know what they had for a package.

Lnb may have a logo on it. DPP would have switch built in, DP or no logo (Legacy) would require appropriate switch. DP could use DP34, DPP33 or DPP44 switch, Legacy would make due with an sw21.
DP Twin or Legacy Twin also have switches built in you need to update your information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts