New to Dishnetwork

hometownblues

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2005
virginia
The installers will be out in the morning to install my system. I will be getting three receivers(811,311,625). Is there any particular problem with any of the receivers that I should be aware of? My next door neighbor had Dish before he moved and left me his Dish500. Would the installers hook up that dish along with the SuperDish(need it for locals in Norfolk,VA) they are bring out so I can get the Voom channels without having to pay $100 for another dish that I already have. Thanks in advance for any help that I receive.

from what I hear, SD picture quality sucks on the 811, but otherwise they should be cool :)

I always wonder why people get the 311/301 over the 111 since the 311 is like.. twice as big lol.

... oh I see why now, the 111 has a dinky remote, but it's still so cute and small! Besides, one could always get one of those nice thin phillips remotes and program it to work with the box :D

I dont think the 111 is an option when you call and order, I you ask for a standard one tv hookup you automatically get a 301/311

oh yeah I forgot to say that unless your neighbor left his dish mounted to your house with a dp dual and a dpp44 switch the installer will probably not hook it up for free

fishman said:
oh yeah I forgot to say that unless your neighbor left his dish mounted to your house with a dp dual and a dpp44 switch the installer will probably not hook it up for free
Huh? His setup doesn't require a DPP44 to add Voom. A cheap DP21 cascaded off the DP34 feed to the 811 will do just fine.

OoTLink: The biggest difference between a 111 and a 3x1 is the extra, higher-quality outputs - the 111 is RF-only.

I have had 2 811's for a month. I did NOT like the PQ at all. Dish is swapping both out for 2 510's this Thursday. Hope my experience helps you. The PQ in S/D was 'bow wow."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts