NFL 2007-08 Season

Lions are actively shopping Shaun Rogers. Given Matt Millen's trading prowess, i expect they will just end up cutting him, or cutting the player they receive in trade for him.

Lions are actively shopping Shaun Rogers. Given Matt Millen's trading prowess, i expect they will just end up cutting him, or cutting the player they receive in trade for him.

Probably get a 6th round draft pick for him ... should be a 1 or 2
Hellofa player when he 's in shape and wants to play.

Jimbo

I saw that. Is he getting that bad that even the Lions don't want him.

Probably get a 6th round draft pick for him ... should be a 1 or 2
Hellofa player when he 's in shape and wants to play.

Jimbo

That's the whole problem, never been in shape, and wants to play only half the time. Dominating player when he feels like it, like in the first 8 games last season. Completely disappeared in the second half of the season, and the Lion's defense reflected that. I had one friend say that we can't trade him because he's the best defensive player we have. (Halfway true). I responded by saying, "what, we couldn't be the worse defense in the NFL, without him?"

That's the whole problem, never been in shape, and wants to play only half the time. Dominating player when he feels like it, like in the first 8 games last season. Completely disappeared in the second half of the season, and the Lion's defense reflected that. I had one friend say that we can't trade him because he's the best defensive player we have. (Halfway true). I responded by saying, "what, we couldn't be the worse defense in the NFL, without him?"

I saw a article stating that they would probably be able to get a mid round draft out of him, thats sad, seeing he CAN play up to a 1st round if he wants too.

This adds to who they may target in the draft.
Would Millen move up far enough to get his hands on Dorsey ?

Jimbo

I saw a article stating that they would probably be able to get a mid round draft out of him, thats sad, seeing he CAN play up to a 1st round if he wants too.

Jimbo

If they moved up in the draft, that would just give them another chance at another high profile mistake. The jury's still out on Calvin Johnson, (I still say they should have traded the pick), but look at the rest of Millens picks in the previous 7 drafts. Do you realize that out of the last 3 drafts (21 players) only 3 made a worthwhile contribution last season? I can't believe they (Lions) are going to trust this idiot with another draft. Good grief.

End the Millen error now!

Jimbo;1204049[B said:
]I saw a article stating that they would probably be able to get a mid round draft out of him, thats sad, seeing he CAN play up to a 1st round if he wants too.[/B]

Jimbo

They traded Mike Williams and Josh McCown to the Raiders last season for just a 4th rd. pick, then proceeded to cut that draft pick in training camp. So I would imagine that fat ass Shaun won't be worth much more.

If they moved up in the draft, that would just give them another chance at another high profile mistake. The jury's still out on Calvin Johnson, (I still say they should have traded the pick), but look at the rest of Millens picks in the previous 7 drafts. Do you realize that out of the last 3 drafts (21 players) only 3 made a worthwhile contribution last season? I can't believe they (Lions) are going to trust this idiot with another draft. Good grief.

End the Millen error now!

They probably can't get high enough for Dorsey, but they may be able to get high enough for Howie Longs son Chris Long, that would help fill the hole vacated by Rogers.

Jimbo

Current rumors are centering around drafting a shutdown corner or a man-eating DE. OT should be a priority also.

All three should be priorities ....
Any names, or just ideas that they are thinking about ?
Who's the supposive shut down corner they will try to draft ?

I think they could get Chris Long possibly or Jake Long if they decide to move up ...

Jimbo

Names being mentioned:
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn. St.
Aqib Taub CB Kansas
Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
Jeff Otah OT Utah
Derrick Harvey DE Florida

Jenkins and Taub, are both widely considered to be the best in the nation. Both are over 6' tall and run sub 4.5's in the 40. Cromartie is a draft sleeper, also tall 6' 2" and blazing fast, also a great returner. Otah may be a little bit of a project since he didn't play football till his senior yr. in high school. Harvey may not be availaby time the Lions draft in the first rd. McKelvin is also considered to be the best return man in the nation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)