NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't care for it either but at that position its hard to find a WR that's isn't high maintenance. you can but most are all about themselves. it's too early to put him with those names in terms of attitude. if this does happen we will definitely find out what this guy is all about.

Your right, it IS too early to put him in the "Attitude" club, but he's heading in that direction.

When he came out originally, he wasn't like that, I thought the Steelers had a very good WR for a long time to replace Hines and others that had left recently mainly due to getting up in age and he was gonna be part of the Next Gen of WR's in Pittsburgh, then the Me, Me, Me part came in, mostly money related ...

Still think he'll be very good where ever he plays next, just tired of all the Me first players out there now.
Maybe he'll end up with a team with vetern leadership and that won't happen, we'll see.

true. right there it was pretty obvious it wasn't happening. steelers don't usually pay the big bucks for a player/free agent. so what? they only have more SB's than any other NFL franchise. I'd say you guys know what you're doing up there ;)

Steelers have slipped some in thier Drafting in the last 5 or so years ...

Typically, when they have a player that is going to cost them too much to keep they have another groomed and playing as a back up already to fill the hole, they did that for many years, that hasn't worked as well recently.

Steelers have slipped some in thier Drafting in the last 5 or so years ...

Typically, when they have a player that is going to cost them too much to keep they have another groomed and playing as a back up already to fill the hole, they did that for many years, that hasn't worked as well recently.

where are you guys in the draft this year in terms of picks and what rounds?

where are you guys in the draft this year in terms of picks and what rounds?

They should draft in the low 20s I think this year, but I'll have to check.

edit :

Steelers have the 17th pick in the 2013 Draft

Got to keep checking for other rounds positions, don't have a site handy with that info yet.

They should draft in the low 20s I think this year, but I'll have to check.

edit :

Steelers have the 17th pick in the 2013 Draft

Got to keep checking for other rounds positions, don't have a site handy with that info yet.

oh no problem don't worry about it. i was wondering in case you knew it off the top of your head. for the dolphins i just hope they don't draft another OL in the 1st or 2nd round :rolleyes:

oh no problem don't worry about it. i was wondering in case you knew it off the top of your head. for the dolphins i just hope they don't draft another OL in the 1st or 2nd round :rolleyes:

OK, heres the breakdown:
Steelers pick 17th in 1st round and 18th in 2nd and back and forth the rest of the way ironically ... 17, 18, 17, 18, 17, 18, 17.

As strange as that looks ...

Fyi, in case you hadn't already known this, your Dolphins draft positions look like this:

1- 12
2- 11 - 24th
3- 15 - 20th
4- 14
5- 13
6- 12 (traded to SF),
7- 11

For anyone else that wants to check thier teams :
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/71298/current-2013-nfl-draft-order-2

Last edited:
Fyi, in case you hadn't already known this, your Dolphins draft positions look like this:

1- 12
2- 11
3- 15
4- 14
5- 13
6- 12 (traded to SF),
7- 11

For anyone else that wants to check thier teams :
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/71298/current-2013-nfl-draft-order-2

thanks jim. let me add that the fins should have two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks. that's why it's crucial ireland does well with this draft because of the amount of high draft picks we have this year. git'r done...

thanks jim. let me add that the fins should have two 2nd round picks and two 3rd round picks. that's why it's crucial ireland does well with this draft because of the amount of high draft picks we have this year. git'r done...

You are correct, I didn't look that closely, just for the first one I saw ...
Your 2nd round addl pick is 24th and addl pick in 3rd is 20th.

I made the change in the above post as well.

Last edited:
This Tweet makes me feel a lot better about the Alex Smith trade:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 7:51 AM on Fri, Mar 08, 2013:

RT @evansilva: With Matt Moore signed, top FA QBs: 1. J. Campbell 2. D. Garrard 3. C. Daniel 4. Drew Stanton 5. Josh Johnson 6. Vince Young.
(https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/310055206354313216)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

This Tweet makes me feel a lot better about the Alex Smith trade:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) tweeted at 7:51 AM on Fri, Mar 08, 2013:

RT @evansilva: With Matt Moore signed, top FA QBs: 1. J. Campbell 2. D. Garrard 3. C. Daniel 4. Drew Stanton 5. Josh Johnson 6. Vince Young.
(https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/310055206354313216)

Heres hoping that the Steeers sign Drew Stanton to back up Ben.
I know Charlie Batch wants to come back for another year and I can't say I blame him, he gets to play a few games a year and gets paid well for a guy about 40.

Time to sign Stanton and keep Charlie as #3.

And thanks to the 2 moves of restructiong 2 contract, the Raiders are now $6 mil UNDER the currect cap. Nice... ALL they need to do is remove some dead weight (like Tommy Kelly and McClain) restruct a few contracts(DHB, Mike Huff and possibly Carson Palmer) and they will be in prettydecent shape to resign some of their own FA, their draft and a few FA outside of their own.

Hartline and Moore staying in Miami.

Thanks bud. I was wondering about Moore. I'm glad about that with how valuable backup qbs are.

Seems pretty obvious,Harrison will not be returning to Pittsburgh in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)