NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many things going on today and I'm too lazy to post right now..... :eek:

But .... you posted THIS !
:D

Dolphins are having a very Redskin-esque 1st day of free agency.
yep. I want that TE they're currently in talks with but the LB from the ravens was a surprise. ravens are being picked apart. Say good bye to defending the title on a day you lose two LBs you really wanted and trading boldin. Reed will probably be gone as well and all of a sudden ravens have to run and fill up some big holes.

Dolphins steal Wheeler from my Raiders. Rey, your fans are gonna love him. An incredible motor...NO ONE on your defense will outwork this guy.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Raiders release S Huff and WR Heyward-Bey. Both moves were heavily talked about in regards to whether they would restructure, by the fact that they would not, this is the result.

Personally, I would have been happy to keep Huff, but his cap number was way too high...around $9 million. With these moves, the Raiders are now over $16 million bellow the cap.

For now, LB McClain and DT Kelly are safe...for now.

Raiders could not resign DT Dez Bryant or LB Wheeler.... That is gonna hurt.

Last edited:
Raiders release S Huff and WR Heyward-Bey. Both moves were heavily talked about in regards to whether they would restructure, by the fact that they would not, this is the result.

Personally, I would have been happy to keep Huff, but his cap number was way too high...around $9 million. With these moves, the Raiders are now over $16 million bellow the cap.

For now, LB McClain and DT Kelly...for now.

Raiders could not resign DT Dez Bryant or LB Wheeler.... That is gonna hurt.

How's it feel to be substantially UNDER the Cap after all the years of being at or over :)

Dolphins steal Wheeler from my Raiders. Rey, your fans are gonna love him. An incredible motor...NO ONE on your defense will outwork this guy.

I really wanted that tight end yesterday from the titans. with fasano the robot gone to the chiefs, we're in big trouble at that position. i'm not sure if there's anyone left in free agency that would be worth picking up for this. if not then maybe miami will have a shot at that big guy from Notre Dame. Be nice to have a huge target at tight end.

I really wanted that tight end yesterday from the titans. with fasano the robot gone to the chiefs, we're in big trouble at that position. i'm not sure if there's anyone left in free agency that would be worth picking up for this. if not then maybe miami will have a shot at that big guy from Notre Dame. Be nice to have a huge target at tight end.

I think the reason they made no big deal out of losing Fasano is because the TE from Notre Dame is exactly who they are targeting in the draft. Miami's issues now is getting a legit backup for Lamar Miller(the other RB has too many concussions) and help at CB because Sean Smith could be as good as gone. There are plenty of decent to good CBs that will be available when the 2nd round of cuts, around draft time, comes along....the ONLY issue is, those guys will be older.

How's it feel to be substantially UNDER the Cap after all the years of being at or over :)

They have been under the cap the last 2 or 3 years...but barely. There is still cuts to be made or COULD BE made. Like I mentioned to Rey, the next round of cuts league wide will be in and around the draft.

If I'm a team like the Raiders, who are still rebuilding I'm going to do what the Colts did the year before (tank it)and reload next year starting with Clowney. But they will have stiff competition for that pick coming from Jacksonville and New York.

If I'm a team like the Raiders, who are still rebuilding I'm going to do what the Colts did the year before (tank it)and reload next year starting with Clowney. But they will have stiff competition for that pick coming from Jacksonville and New York.

They are at a crossroads. The thing is, IF we are talking about a team that is just starting to go a "new course" and rebuild...yeah, I could understand and agree with your point. But it seems like my Raiders have been "tanking it" for far too long. Add the financially ugly situation they have been... It sucks.

I thought they were good enough last year to end .500 IF THEY stayed healthy because I KNEW there was no depth. There is a huge amount of holes on this team.

Rebuilding is one thing, tanking it is another...
I dont agree with teams tanking it on purpose... not fair for the players, leagues nor the fans who pay top coint to see a show.

Colts: Suck for Luck (worked)
Edmonton Oilers: Fail for Nail (almost worked, Oilers still suck)
Clevelend Cavs: Traded away all the scorers to make sure they picked up Lebron in the following draft at #1... Ex: Top scorer Lamond Murray traded to Toronto for back up centre Yogi who averahed 1.4 points or something.

Cheers, K

Rebuilding is one thing, tanking it is another...
I dont agree with teams tanking it on purpose... not fair for the players, leagues nor the fans who pay top coint to see a show.

Colts: Suck for Luck (worked)
Edmonton Oilers: Fail for Nail (almost worked, Oilers still suck)
Clevelend Cavs: Traded away all the scorers to make sure they picked up Lebron in the following draft at #1... Ex: Top scorer Lamond Murray traded to Toronto for back up centre Yogi who averahed 1.4 points or something.

Cheers, K

Good points.

Rams add speed at tight end Jared Cook of Tennessee and had visits lined up with offensive tackle Jake Long of Miami and safety Louis Delmas of Detroit and Long and Delmas are scheduled to arrive at Rams Park today for visits and physicals today. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_44a61392-9248-56ec-abe5-de5c3ee7e710.html

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)