NFL Coaches Black Monday

all these coaching changes make me think that the owners must not think the looming lockout/labor dispute isn't anything to worry about.

Yep....I was thinking the exact same thing....:up I mean the only one that was not really a hire because he was still under contract was the Raiders situation.

all these coaching changes make me think that the owners must not think the looming lockout/labor dispute isn't anything to worry about.

I disagree, it's just business as usual. They need coaching staff and it's still competitive. They know that eventually there will be football again, and they still want the best guys for their own teams.....

Doesn't say one thing or another about CBA.

Some things never change:

Al Davis turns another introductory presser into theater of the aburd - Ann Killion - SI.com

I won't post the photo of Davis that's in the above article because I know most of you just had breakfast...

I thought is was a HILARIOUS presser and wasn't absurd at all if you saw it. Most of the reporters, instead of asking questions to Hue regarding on how he will change this or that...all they did was ask Davis about why he made a change...so in some cases, he gave winded messages...in other cases, he didn't wanna answer. The reporters wanted to talk MORE to Al than the new head coach.

Hey, at least he went easy on them, he could have busted out the overhead projector.

Oakland Raiders coach Hue Jackson stopped endorsing a supplement company because his connection violated NFL rules.

"We have a long-standing policy that prohibits coaches from any relationship with a supplement company," league spokesman Brian McCarthy wrote Wednesday in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "Coach Jackson is now in compliance."

ThePostGame.com first reported Wednesday that the league ordered Jackson to cut ties with Sports With Alternatives To Steroids (SWATS). The website also reported that SWATS markets a product the supplement company says contains a byproduct of human growth hormone that is banned by the NFL.
I'm confused. As an assistant coach he can be affiliated with the company, but not as a head coach??

Report: Raiders coach, supplements firm cut ties - NFL - SI.com

Great move by my Raiders.....

....Just as expected, Al Saunders was hired as the Oakland Raiders new offensive coordinator. This is a great move by Hue Jackson and the Oakland Raiders.

Saunders will not be calling the plays, but he will make sure the offense can execute Jackson's system and he will help with the game plan against other teams.

Saunders was with the Ravens the last two years and has had experience working with Jackson and quarterback Jason Campbell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)