NHL 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Los kings uno
Los tiburones cero

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sucks to be in the eastcoast during playoffs :D

Empty net goal.. 3-0

Kings lead series 3-2

While the wings still have to get that fourth win, I am very surprised where they are at. Entering the season I didn't think they would make the playoffs, nice work wings and lets keep it going!

I thought the Wings would make the playoffs going into the season...and then I wasn't so sure...and now to see them playing such good hockey is like the cute fat girl next door...pleasantly pleasing...especially when she loses weight. But I digress! :)

I thought the Wings would make the playoffs going into the season...and then I wasn't so sure...and now to see them playing such good hockey is like the cute fat girl next door...pleasantly pleasing...especially when she loses weight. But I digress! :)

It was kind of strange last night, even though they have been in the playoffs, the game reminded me of there playoff games from a few years back. I have not seen this kind of play in a while

It was kind of strange last night, even though they have been in the playoffs, the game reminded me of there playoff games from a few years back. I have not seen this kind of play in a while

Yeah, as much as we loved 'em, they were getting kind of old after winning their last Cup in 2008. Heck, you could see it the following year when the Pens beat 'em in 2009. All the skill and experience doesn't mean squat when you're out-skated and can't keep up the intensity for the full three periods. Gone are long-time Wings players Lidstrom, Chelios, Draper, Holmstrom, Maltby, McCarty, Rafalski and Yzerman (2006). To complicate matters, we don't have any Top 5 draft picks so we have to focus on developing what we have in the farm system. Anyway, Abdelkader and the other youngsters did somewhat remind me of the grind line of Draper, Maltby and McCarty from the late '90s.

I think it can be done at the shark tank.

I wish I could watch the Tigers game this evening, but such is life. I tried MLB Network, but I was not happy with the broadcast quality. It looked fine on my laptop, but I was not impressed with how the picture looked when I connected it to the big screen via HDMI...and the action fast-action wasn't "smooth" even though I have 30/10 connection. To be honest, I never checked how it looked on my PS3, but I can't see how the PQ would be any better using laptop/HDMI.

I know this is the hockey thread but I just wanted to point something out. MLB.tv actually will look better through your PS3. I have used my laptop connected by HDMI before and all of my streaming devices give me better MLB.tv quality than it does.

It's all good, as long as the fat lady doesn't sing! :)

Red Wings looking like last season's Kings. Hot goaltending has always been the path to the cup. Black Hawks Down, are not dead, but they sure smell like it. We here in Detroit hate anything Chicago, so this has been most gratifying.

Red Wings looking like last season's Kings. Hot goaltending has always been the path to the cup. Black Hawks Down, are not dead, but they sure smell like it. We here in Detroit hate anything Chicago, so this has been most gratifying.

Chicago is still a very dangerous team and we still have a big game to win. Regardless, we've gotten good at the right time. Elsewhere, I hear that fat lady warming-up in Pittsburgh, who are leading 3-0 in the 2nd period over the Sens.

Yes, I don't think there is any question what team is a real powerhouse. The pens are 7 minutes from taking the series. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts