No broadband with hopper

Well, from bad to worse. I still have no broadband, and now I'm losing channels from my favorites on a daily basis AND now the sound has been cutting out. This is so frustrating. After I PM'd the Dish representative I basically got a "Don't call us, we'll call you" response. and I haven't heard anything since.

This is not what I signed on for. Every day I have to add my local CBS channel back to my favorite list, and it won't go back to the list unless I add two channels then go back in and uncheck the second channel. I shouldn't have to keep doing this. And as I said, the audio has been cutting out the last couple of days. I have to use the skip back button to get it back.

I'll give it until the end of the month and if something's not done I'm gonna have to make a change.

The broadband issue is being looked at by the engineering team as well as the favorites lists dropping channels. Is the audio dropping on live TV and DVR events? Is there something you are doing that appears to be triggering the audio drops? Are you using a surround sound for audio or just the TV speakers? What type of AV cabling are you using?

Is there something you are doing that appears to be triggering the audio drops? Are you using a surround sound for audio or just the TV speakers? What type of AV cabling are you using?

No, there is not something that "I" am doing. I did not change anything in my audio settings. I did not plug in any extra cables other than the HDMI cable.

Sorry for the frustration, but that seems to be the response I constantly get from Dish -- "What did you do to it?"

I didn't change any settings on audio, I didn't change any settings on broadband, and I didn't change anything in my favorites setting. All I want to do is come home and turn on the TV without any issues. I don't think that's too much to ask, considering what I'm paying. Like I said earlier. I'm giving it until the end of the month and if there's no change on their end, there will be on mine.

Again, this is the frustration talking and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone in this thread. If anything, I'm grateful for the assistance here. I know that DirecTV now has their version of the hopper, and I'm sure somewhere out there on the web is a forum discussion similar to this one over it. I know there are kinks in every system, whether it's phone, cable, ISP's, etc. The frustrating part is that when there's a kink they always point the finger at us first. It's been my experience that 90% of the time it's something on the other end, so start there first.

What I meant by that is, are you pressing a specific button like RW or Skip back that seems to be triggering it? Are you pausing live TV and then resuming and is that when the audio drops or does it just happen randomly when you are watching a live feed?

So are you using the TV speakers or a surround sound/AV system? There have been plenty of other people in the past who posted issues similar to yours and it ended up being an AV system that lost the saved settings or the setting was changed by accident or a button pressed. That is why I was asking for more information, I was not trying to tell you that you are the cause of the problem or that you did something that caused it. Just trying to help.

I am having trouble with my broadband same as everyone else been trying different things and when i go into my windstream router 4300 and reboot it i get connection for just a few minutes then it goes away any suggestions what I can do?

I would send a PM to the Dish Software team because they are gathering account information for people experiencing this issue on the Hopper. I believe they are pulling logs to try to identify the issue. They were asking for account numbers.

Just had this issue happen to me. Luckily a reboot of the router took care of it. Never had a problem with the connection before but just signed up for Blockbuster @home 2 days ago. Was fine the first day and could browse selections but today both Hoppers said they couldn't connect.

I understand you're trying to help, and believe me I do appreciate it. The sound issue just seems to be happening at random. We'll be watching a show and the sound will begin to sort of crack up, then disappear. It's then that I use the remote to skip back and the audio's fine the next time around. I haven't been keeping track as to whether it's doing it on DVR playbacks or live TV, but I'll make a point to note it the next time it happens. I'm not using a surround sound system, just the TV. When I go into menu/settings/audio/audio input the Decoder is checked for Dolby/PCM and the Volume Leveling is checked for Enable. I'm not sure what exactly those settings are for, so I'm not changing them (nor have I changed them) unless I'm instructed to by a tech.

On a side note -- Did I just get scammed? When I sent my account # to the poster from Dish in a PM I got what I thought was another PM from them saying they couldn't locate the account and asked what phone number it was under. I noted that it was strange they couldn't locate the account since I gave them the account number copied/pasted from their MyDish website. I sent the phone number back, and then today -- not even 30 minutes ago -- I got a phone call from a DirecTV representative offering once again to pay out my contract with Dish to get me to come back. Pretty strange coincidence

It was missing a digit. That was my bad. The Dish poster cleared that up for me in a PM. I guess the call from DirecTV was just a well-timed coincidence. The caller ID showed "unknown caller -- out of area", so I was already suspicious about it when I answered it.

ok heres my latest update, dish came monday and replace the hopper and the usb wireless, but still no broadband, so i spent monday night and tuesday night with tech assistance at windstream and dishnetwork, i finally convinced windstream to replace my 4300 modem, they replaced it with the 1704 that has a wireless router built in. plugged it in performed all the install hooplah, and reset up my wireless connection on the hopper and now all is well in hopper land with my broadband...... to be continued, i will update day to day, to let all the folks tracking this know for sure if its a permanent fix, thanks again for all who helped and participated.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update. Did Windstream charge you for the 1704? I'm gonna hold off on the phone call to Windstream until I hear how yours is holding up. But it's nice to know that there's at least a possibility of getting this resolved, assuming it's not gonna be more money out of my pocket to get broadband for just one item in my house.

I've been following this thread for weeks as I have the same issue. I also have Windstream with the 4300 speedstream modem and know for a fact that this has nothing to do with any router settings as I have the same issues when I bypass the router completely with a direct modem LAN. Anyways, I'm curious with your new modem if your running a direct connection to the hopper or running wireless now. I haven't called to have the 4300 replaced but will if you're having success.

The modem replacement has been the fix for me, 2 days strong so far, windstream tried every trick in the book to charge me 120.00 for the 1704. Even went so far as to say if I were to purchase there insurance/protection plan for 9.95 a month that they could cover the modem with this, but I have only been with them for@ a month and my account automatically came with there protection plan that they were trying to sell me again, so i finally they agree tha I was still under warranty and they covers the modem replacement. I will update tomorrow on my broadband to let the forum know if I'm still connected. Thanks again for all the support

Just had this issue happen to me. Luckily a reboot of the router took care of it. Never had a problem with the connection before but just signed up for Blockbuster @home 2 days ago. Was fine the first day and could browse selections but today both Hoppers said they couldn't connect.

Well, the reboot only worked for a day, now same problem again. Everything else in the house network has been functioning without issue and I never had any connection issues until I signed up for Blockbuster@Home.

I use a small FTTH company for the internet so no modem inside my house. Incoming connection goes to Linksys router.

Will send PM to Dish.

Just letting everyone know I replaced the 4300 windstream modem with the 1704 and mine is working fine also..Thanks for everyones help...I have been working on this for 2 weeks and looks like this fixed it...has been a pain to get it going but it was just as simple as changing the modem I hope if it stays up with me

Just letting everyone know I replaced the 4300 windstream modem with the 1704 and mine is working fine also..Thanks for everyones help...I have been working on this for 2 weeks and looks like this fixed it...has been a pain to get it going but it was just as simple as changing the modem I hope if it stays up with me

Did Windstream charge you beaz? I've had my 4300 for years, no way I'll catch a break saying it's under warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)