No broadband with hopper

I have seen this error many times. Sometimes replacing the router will fix the problem. It may be an error with the modem, or the ISP is blocking certain ports from communicating.

After getting home from work today, I checked and now broadband is working to allow PPV/On Demand functionality. I didn't have to do a thing...:rolleyes:

Glad to hear yours started working again. Mine still shows it's connected when it's tested but when I try to access BB or Dish on Demand I get the cannot conect message. I've tried everything that's been posted here and everything Dish techs can recomend, replaced hopper once. I keep resetting and unpluging for at least 10 seconds in hopes that it will start working but so far no luck.

Glad to hear yours started working again. Mine still shows it's connected when it's tested but when I try to access BB or Dish on Demand I get the cannot conect message. I've tried everything that's been posted here and everything Dish techs can recomend, replaced hopper once. I keep resetting and unpluging for at least 10 seconds in hopes that it will start working but so far no luck.

Try Menu/Settings/Network/Broadband then arrow up to Network Setup then select 'MoCA', then select back to 'Wireless'. We've had 2 Hopper installs this week that did exactly what you're describing and this fixed them. Good Luck.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunatly it didn't work either. beginning to think I just won't have internet access even though it says I do.

Yes I did try turning bridging off and on again. The only thing it did was lose my Joey's and I had to get tech support too get them back. Thank you for the suggestion though. I want to thank everyone that has replied to my problem. You have all been very kind, unfortunately so far nothing has worked. I've pretty much given up on Dish for help since I've had four techs walk me through basically the same things now and none of them work. My hopper shows broadband connected when I do the test under network and my Dish account shows I have broadband working but I can't access anything on BB or Dish on Demand. I just get the message that I'm not connected to the internet.

Yes I did try turning bridging off and on again. The only thing it did was lose my Joey's and I had to get tech support too get them back. Thank you for the suggestion though. I want to thank everyone that has replied to my problem. You have all been very kind, unfortunately so far nothing has worked. I've pretty much given up on Dish for help since I've had four techs walk me through basically the same things now and none of them work. My hopper shows broadband connected when I do the test under network and my Dish account shows I have broadband working but I can't access anything on BB or Dish on Demand. I just get the message that I'm not connected to the internet.

Maybe it has something to do with the router but most likely not. Since nothing else has worked, how about running a BB test and then get the IP address from the hopper and add it to your DMZ list on the router. Then reboot and see if that helps. Shot in the dark but at this point I think anything is worth a shot.

Sorry, didn't realize I had already posted that and it's tricky to delete this post from my phone for some reason. Did you try this and did it not make a difference?

I'm sorry to hear that but not very surprised. The only thing I can think of is this must be some type of software problem and all we can deo is wait for Dish to fix it.

I've had my receivers connected to broadband since it was first an option. I can't recall when it started, but the progression of receivers (921, 622, 722(k) and now hopper?) that offered RJ45 connection for broadband never had much problem with connectivity. This is the first I've had issues with it.

I agree, something in DISH's software needs a tweak.

My other recievers worked fine with broadband also, just the hopper that has a problem. I'm thinking of calling Dish support and having them walk me through their process again. Not that I think it will fix the problem but if my account shows broadband is connected then to them there is no problem. Maybe if we call support enough times they will get the message.

I tried an experiment today that leads me to believe I do have broadband it's just very limited. I disconnected the eithernet cable from my hopper and then went to apps to see what I could access. I could not access anything except the two card games and the other two games. It might look like you have access to astro etc. but when you try to get info you're not connected. I then reconnected the eithernet cable and did the same thing in apps. I was able to access everything except the weather channel for local weather, which I'm not sure if it is even up yet. So this leads me to believe I have limited broadband access. When I try to go to BB or Dish on Demand I still get the cannot connect message. And when I go under settings and network set up and then broadband I still get a green OK on DHCP and red failed on server and internet connections. If I go to tests I get a green connection OK on broadband and phone. It's all rather confusing but it appears I have partial broadband connection.

I'm kind of relieved to hear your issue, because I just switched my parents to Dish over the weekend and am having the same issue. 2 hoppers, 3 Joeys. Hoppers have S234. First Hopper connected to Ethernet would not connect to OnDemand, Weather Channel app, or any other apps. Skeptical of the tech's suspicions, I went through all the steps of adding router to DMZ, enabling UPNP in router, forwarding ports, etc. No luck. Then I switched the locations of the Hoppers, and the previously non-connected Hopper worked on the first try. I have not asked to replace it yet because I'm having so many other issues that need to be resolved before we go there (stuck on acquiring satellite due to poor location of dish, Joeys disconnecting, etc.). Family is not happy with me...I'm the guy who is 'responsible' for getting the new setup that left the house without TV on Christmas day.

Sorry to hear your having so many problems, hope they get resolved soon. I do find it interesting that when you changed hoppers the broadband started working. Dish replaced my hopper and it made no differance.

This may sound dumb, but possibly try it without a phone line (from your earlier post it sounds like you had one connected). I've had phone lines cause some problems before.

Wanted to let you all know that I finally got my broadband working. It turns out that the problem was in the router. It wasn't as simple as changing the DMZ though. I had to basically erase or reset my router and then go through the set up process to get to where the router could be rebooted. I needed Frontier to walk me through this process. Once the router was rebooted I could go in and disable DMZ. I had to diable DMZ not just add or change the IP address. Dish told me they are working on software that will get around the DMZ but don't have it yet. So far everything is now working. I'll let you know in a few days if it's still working. Thanks to all of you for your help and support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts