Non-Directv 4k ready TV - Needs C61K - New Monthly Charge?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
and you also have to subscribe to the Premier package.
Or ultimate. But the point is you need a genie system. The only time a customer is "double charged" for 4k is if they only have one TV in the house and it's 4k. Quit crying people... I have 16 recording tuners in my house, use about 5 at one time... total overkill.. clients are not the end of the world. Would I prefer a 4k ird with a tuner yes... I would. Would I not sub to 4k because that box doesn't exist yet? No.. and to add onto that 4k access is actually free, what your paying for is either the ultimate or premier package, if you chose that package for 1 channel that's your perogative..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Or ultimate. But the point is you need a genie system. The only time a customer is "double charged" for 4k is if they only have one TV in the house and it's 4k. Quit crying people... I have 16 recording tuners in my house, use about 5 at one time... total overkill.. clients are not the end of the world. Would I prefer a 4k ird with a tuner yes... I would. Would I not sub to 4k because that box doesn't exist yet? No.. and to add onto that 4k access is actually free, what your paying for is either the ultimate or premier package, if you chose that package for 1 channel that's your perogative..

so if you need 5 recordings at one time
a genie on an hd tv and a client on a 4k would not work for you

so if you need 5 recordings at one time
a genie on an hd tv and a client on a 4k would not work for you
Correct, but the customer with those requirements is a small percentage of the base.

Correct, but the customer with those requirements is a small percentage of the base.

maybe, but there are also people that sign up not knowing the mini uses a tuner from the genie, then get mad

or like the one i saw on the att forums, 4 minis for 1 genie, and they all couldnt watch tv at the same time

some things are not explained properly by customer service

so would this IP system work without internet?
dont forget rural America.
sat tv was created for people that did not have access to cable

Thank you. Not many people think of the rural or remote areas of America. They all think like they live in Philadelphia, have blazing internet speeds, and IP would be good for everybody. Not true by a long shot.

The only other area is those who want everything from a TV box. It must tell then ball scores, it must display weather, tell them when their car is running out of gas, play movies on demand, and permit them to play games. All of which suck up bandwidth in areas that do not have that much band width to spare. For example my internet is painfully slow by today's standards, but when school is out for the summer, or it is close to Christmas and people are on line shopping it comes to an almost complete standstill as neighbors watch movies or shop....

So the IP solution is not a one size fits all...

Sorry, forgot about the people that like UVerseTV and want to stay. However would it still be cost effective to keep those on UVerseTV who still like it?
Sure it would .... remember the Internet they are keeping works off the same equipment for the most part, there's just more stringent tests for the TV portion, so Anyone that can already get UVERSE TV can get internet.

The only time a customer is "double charged" for 4k is if they only have one TV in the house and it's 4k. Quit crying people...

No actually its not that simple.....You can have your HR54 sitting at your 4K tv and tvs anywhere else and you still get hit for an opening that dont get used...

No actually its not that simple.....You can have your HR54 sitting at your 4K tv and tvs anywhere else and you still get hit for an opening that dont get used...
How do you say that? And why would you have the 54 on a 4k tv. If you want the 54 and 61 on the same tv u deserve to pay for the 2nd outlet. That's dumb imo. But I'm not sure I understand what your saying either. .

How do you say that? And why would you have the 54 on a 4k tv. If you want the 54 and 61 on the same tv u deserve to pay for the 2nd outlet. That's dumb imo. But I'm not sure I understand what your saying either. .

unless you have 2 4k tvs? ot just 1 tv and its 4k?
or if you have 2 tvs and an hr24 on the other.

why downgrade to 5 tuners from 7?

there are situations where the 54 would go on the 4k tv

I still hope they do a new whole home HD DVR that outputs to 4k over HDMI.
If they want to stay competitive with Dish they will. You shouldn't need two receivers to do 4K. The new Genie should output 4K, have more tuners, and do sports mode. ;)

unless you have 2 4k tvs? ot just 1 tv and its 4k?
or if you have 2 tvs and an hr24 on the other.

why downgrade to 5 tuners from 7?

there are situations where the 54 would go on the 4k tv
Again... you need either the 61 or rvu to view 4k. So if you choose to have two receivers active to are choosing to pay for that.

You do also need the HR-54. This is why some people are complaining since they took the 4k output using HDMI out of the server and put it in the client, which I don't understand. I guess it was cheaper to do it that way? I have seen at Pace's site now Arris have HD DVR's that output 4k using HDMI.

Reactions: AZ.
You do also need the HR-54. This is why some people are complaining since they took the 4k output using HDMI out of the server and put it in the client, which I don't understand. I guess it was cheaper to do it that way? I have seen at Pace's site now Arris have HD DVR's that output 4k using HDMI.
I expect we'll see a HD DVR that does Live 4k some time soon.

At other forums they think the next server wont output to 4k using HDMI and it wont even have an HDMI output at all. It would be what I think they call a headless Server/Gateway. The clients would be the only ones outputting to 4k over HDMI.

At other forums they think the next server wont output to 4k using HDMI and it wont even have an HDMI output at all. It would be what I think they call a headless Server/Gateway. The clients would be the only ones outputting to 4k over HDMI.
Well that would be a dumb move.
With no HDMI connection, how do they expect to connect to TV's.
Unless ALL 4K TV's have a different type of connection.
However that would limit moving a $K box to another TV, weather they have 4K or not, the box should be compatible with Non 4K sets.

Again... you need either the 61 or rvu to view 4k. So if you choose to have two receivers active to are choosing to pay for that.

you shouldnt have to have 2 receivers, thats the point
the hr54 should have had 4k via hdmi

Reactions: AZ.
Status
Please reply by conversation.