OFFICAL: I am STAYING with DISH Network thread

I'm staying with Dish because of the price I pay and great customer service. Love the Epix channels too. BUT, I really miss NatGeo. It's an educational channel for crying out loud so it should be off limits in this kidnapping Fox has done to us. Keep your FX but leave NatGeo alone.

Having recently left Dish, I am considering returning. Tivo is generally good, but it is a bit too buggy IMHO. TWC actually isn't too bad as long as you are using a Tivo. Now if the Tivo was as good as it should be... Here is the problem I need to solve to make it back to Dish:

My house has 2 coax feed lines coming into it, and I want 2 DVRs (4 Tuners) plus Road Runner. I'd rather not have to run another line into the house. Are there any single-line solutions for multiple DVRs? I did a google search, but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Ted

Staying with dish due to, in my case, better technology for the household delivery system to the household televisions (non hd), prefer the movie selection on Dish and HD available (esp Epix), better/lower cost (which savings will pay for my new HD tv over two years), LOVE the Dish Space channel to see the world from space on occasion, and being generally treated better than my predecessor satellite provider. Haven't taken advantage of the inter-connectivity ability built into the receivers/dvr's yet, but I intend to so do (Homeplug, etc), enjoy the VOD options.

Tell me whats so great about direct tv?When was the last time thahad a movie on epix 1,2,3 and the sony movie . Harv

Sports! I can catch all my Ny teams while living in South Florida.

While Direcs dvrs are still not as good as dishes, they have outstanding sports packages.

Plus, the HD picture is better. Not sure why that shoud be the case.

It use to be neck and neck. Ive noticed that Direcs HD picture just pops out at you.

I'm staying.

Very happy with the hardware, and support when I've needed it.

Would like to see the programming disputes settled and full-time RSNs, but hell, it's only TV right??

Tell me whats so great about direct tv?When was the last time thahad a movie on epix 1,2,3 and the sony movie . Harv
Extra Innings, Sunday Ticket, MLB Channel, twice as many of my locals in HD (12 total) compared to Dish. My RSNs in full time HD. Many times more HD on their sports packages. Lower price for me with a comparable package and setup with Dish. DVRs maybe slower, but they are much more interactive and can do a lot more. MRV...

This is not a point to make one sound better than the other. In addition to answering your question it was more of a point to show that their are differences and these differences are what allow one company to be a better choice for some and the other company to be a better choice for others.

I am glad to see that so many are happy with Dish and I hope Dish stays strong.

I am staying put. I love DISH Networks equipment and so does my wife (in fact that is the reason why we canceled DIRECTV because she hated their receivers.) and none of the programming disputes have bugged me as they are not channels I watch... but if DISH ever gets rid of the Discovery channels then I am outta here.

With that said now that the HR24 is out and the fact that I work for a retailer that sells DIRECTV I will probably be getting it again for free as an employee account. I have always enjoyed DIRECTV especially their 101 channel. As long as I am getting it for free my wife wont care and plus I will be able to enjoy all the 3D DIRECTV is offering as well. :)

staying put for as long as i can tell, Directv would need to have something outstandingly new and better for me to switch. My local cable isnt bad for cable, but,,,, its still cable.

Dish works for me, i just hope they work out the crap sooner than later.

If ESPN2 HD and Tennis Channel HD went away, I'd have to evaluate things. The fact that we've lost ESPNews HD for this long scares me a bit. At any rate, I have Absolute, and am a movie freak, so love the "Platinum" part of the Absolute package, and have a couple of terabytes of movies on EHD, so I guess they've got me for the foreseeable future. I'm also really comfortable with my 622, and am looking forward to the integration of Google TV (would love to be able to integrate widgets and Netflix and android apps using just one HDMI input right into/beside my dish programming).

If you guys lose your local Fox station on November 1st, would you still stay put?

I know some have OTA access, so it wont affect you.

When we lose that on Nov 1st, that is when I will officially be set to leave. I am selling my house right now, so I am not going to mount some antenna just for one station.

You've got to follow the provider with the channels you watch. I dumped cable years ago for DirecTV because that's who had the most HD at the time. They don't anymore, so I switched to Dish. They have about 30 HD channels I like that DirecTV doesn't, and they show no signs of adding them any time soon. I lost a couple of insignificant ones (to me) recently, but overall Dish still has much more content I'm interested in. So it was a no-brainer to switch, and I have no reason to switch back, yet. Even if we lose Fox, I can still get it OTA.

On the other hand, I got my parents DirecTV because they get more locals, which are very important to them. They would have been very unhappy with Dish.

DirecTV and Dish drew the lines a long time ago. I'm frankly surprised at the number of sports fans who still have Dish. I guess in that case it comes down to price.

I see no reason for blind loyalty to any provider. They certainly don't have any loyalty to you. Just miss a payment and see how far loyalty goes.

I'll stay. I just inked a 2 year contract so I really don't have options. I like Dish, the receivers, and yes even the customer service. Thanks to the internet, I have access to the lost programming. If this dispute had occurred before TV programs were so widely available on the internet, I might not feel the same way.

Definitely staying. Had Dish for 12 years and can't really remember a problem. Customer Service has been great for me, and equipment has been reliable.

I'm a big sports fan, but losing the Fox RSN's is not that big a deal. I find Fox to be second rate in their coverage anyway. I end up watching far more movies and Dish has a great package of movie channels.

And, having used the DirectTV and UVerse DVR's, the Dish DVR is far and away the best.

Being a Dish Network standard definition subscriber I think it's pretty cool I can now watch channels in my AT250 package I normally can't get like HD Net Movies and HD Theater,If Dish looses Fox network maybe Dish will give us HD Net so I can watch Art Mann.;)

I first signed up with Dish Network for 4 1/2 years,then went to DirecTV for 3 years came back to Dish Network for more standard definition programming and Premium channels for a cheaper price,plus a better DVR(625) Thanks Charlie!.I'm staying!.:D

I'm staying, if nothing else than that I'm only 5 months into a 2 year contract and too cheap to pay ETFs (as well as that it looks like DirecTV would be noticeably more expensive). It's been a mixed bag so far. Free HD within a couple months of joining was a nice addition, but as a sports fan (and with sports being over 80% of what I watch) I have not been pleased with the loss of sports channels including ESPNNEWS HD.

Because I'm in the Fox Sports Rocky Mountain coverage area I'm still getting that channel, which has eased the pain of the loss of most of the FSN channels, though if FSRM fails to pick up a Nebraska Cornhuskers game that FS Midwest carries and so it's blacked out -- then I'll be more vocal with displeasure. And it would be nice to sometime get it in full-time HD.

Only reason I'm paying for Multisport anyway is for NFL Red Zone and the Big Ten Network. Wish they'd cut the cost now that over half the Multisport channels are gone...