Official DISH Channel Request Thread

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
He wants the HD version.
His post kinda sounds like to me that he doesn't have NASA at all. I read in DISH's Package Design info that NASA channel availability based on one or more of the following: geographical location, time zone, programming package, DISH antenna. He may not be getting NASA channel 286.

Last edited:

robstudio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 13, 2010
Cambridge, MA
Another 'vote' for MAV HD . Dish should at least negotiate with them... Not a massively popular channel but people that want it will pay $4 a month for the outdoor (used to be 'Sports') package.
NASA in HD would be cool as well

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
His post kinda sounds like to me that he doesn't have NASA at all. I read in DISH's Package Design info that NASA channel availability based on one or more of the following: geographical location, time zone, programming package, DISH antenna. He may not be getting NASA channel 286.
Sorry for he confusion, I have NASA in SD...which is ok but could be better. I'm told some providers have it in HD, and others are talking 4K.

Reactions: charlesrshell

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
New York DMA folks have been without a regional sports network for several years now.... Can we PLEASE have SNY back (you dropped it 2-3 years ago). It didn't hurt much when the Mets were awful, but it is excruciating now with them playing compelling baseball..... It's too late for this season, but please add it for next April.... The problem is made worse by the fact that you blackout all of the ESPN games whenever they are on, and exclude their games from the extra innings package. Ditto for MLB.Tv. After 15 years with E*, I am almost to the point that I am going to pitch my $200 a month subscription to head for Verizon Fios.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Not a massively popular channel but people that want it will pay $4 a month for the outdoor (used to be 'Sports') package.
That you've announced that you would be willing to pay doesn't equate to "people that want it will pay $4".

I hope it returns sooner than later in HD.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
I'm told some providers have it in HD, and others are talking 4K.
The UHD feed is something they're still shopping around; it doesn't appear that any carrier has bought in yet. I don't see much evidence to suggest that there will be an FTA feed (as much as the FTA people insist that satellite is the only logical way to distribute content). At some point the UHD channel will be a streaming Internet feed through Harmonic; NASA's partner in the UHD venture. Bandwidth required: 13Mbps sustained MINIMUM. I don't think my 30Mbps Comcast service would qualify as it seems to level off at under 13Mbps after the PowerBoost has worn off (theoretically after 20MB).

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
The UHD feed is something they're still shopping around; it doesn't appear that any carrier has bought in yet. I don't see much evidence to suggest that there will be an FTA feed (as much as the FTA people insist that satellite is the only logical way to distribute content). At some point the UHD channel will be a streaming Internet feed through Harmonic; NASA's partner in the UHD venture. Bandwidth required: 13Mbps sustained MINIMUM. I don't think my 30Mbps Comcast service would qualify as it seems to level off at under 13Mbps after the PowerBoost has worn off (theoretically after 20MB).

I'm not sure what you're reading, but by all accounts I've read the UHD channel is testing on satellite right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)