Ok Where is Dish's Agreement with NBC?!? DirecTV beat them...

So even us in affiliate DMAs should be able to get the NBC-HD distant feed? What about the CBS-HD feed? I can get both okay OTA but I would rather have Sat quality.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the HD feed will be available to everyone and not just those in O&O areas, and this is because this HD feed is not what is airing on the actual NBC Network.

If NBC HD remains after the Olympics then the HD programming shown would only be available to those in NBC O&O areas.

Seems correct, but I am planning on the NBC HD disappearing after the Olympics are over.

BTW: That is channels 148 and 9425 OLYPC which has EPG info NBC HDTV Olympics. :)

Neutron said:
So even us in affiliate DMAs should be able to get the NBC-HD distant feed? What about the CBS-HD feed? I can get both okay OTA but I would rather have Sat quality.

No, the Olympics are a special feed and not a NBC station.

Affiliate DMAs wont get any NBC but should get the 24/7 delayed Olympics deal.

Gary: There's only 1 Olympics HD that I know of so none of it should be live

Probably, they have an empty transpondert waiting for 3 hd channels.

Compelling HD

Since D* is adding BravoHD, Charlie should consider this to be very compelling HD and add it! Since D* is adding the NBC HD feed, Charlie should also find this to be Very Compelling content! I hope that the NBC HD feed is also available to us in the "White Areas" as well as O&O as CBSHD is!

I hope they DONT get BravoHD. I just checked out their shcedule online and they don't show crap!!! Pretty much the West Wing(blah) and a bunch of concerts. Having TNT-HD is bad enough, BravoHD would just make it worse. Why cant they just have Cinemax and Starz in HD?????

I'm a former DISH sub currently with Directv. But, I would like to say I hope both sat services get InHD1 and 2 soon. :) I would think Charlie would call that compelling.

dispatcher_21 said:
I hope they DONT get BravoHD. I just checked out their shcedule online and they don't show crap!!! Pretty much the West Wing(blah) and a bunch of concerts. Having TNT-HD is bad enough, BravoHD would just make it worse. Why cant they just have Cinemax and Starz in HD?????

I must second this. The only compelling programmnig is the US Open Tennis for 2 weeks and maybe if they show some of the olympic stuff in HD (which doesn't sound like it). It is exactly like TNT with different dramas (except TNT has a bit more sports coverage). Except for Tennis, a HUGE waste of bandwith. Maybe they will compress it down alot so it won't take up too much space.

Forget the Movie Channel HDs... Give us more sports (like INHD1 and INHD2).

Has anyone heard who will be picking up the NFL Network HD feed that starts on August 1st? I haven't seen anything related to that on here or Direct TV.

From what I heard the NFL Network-HD is a Voom exclusive (read that last fall) and as you already know the NFL Sunday Ticket is a Direct exclusive.

I wouldn't mind the Tennis Channel if it isn't a Voom exclusive. I would like to see all the tourneys in their entirety, not just the majors.

Be patient, I am told its a done deal, VOOM will also be making an announcement.

I am 100% confident that the NBC HD Olympics.

I am also waiting for word from Dish on tonights Tyson fight in HD. (I will told I would get word today about that as well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)