OTA Guide info not populating on some channels

scottk52

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 15, 2014
First post for me! Been lurking for a long time - great site!

I got the OTA usb module today for my hooper with sling and it picked up the stations I wanted to get! Looks great and sounds awesome, I'm impressed. BUT, the channel that I'm most excited to gain is not showing program info in the guide. I tried rebooting but still not populating the guide, other OTA channels loaded up right away. this is a channel I already get (SD only) - any help or should I calm down because it takes a while?!? thanks

It takes a while but you can power off all receivers and reboot the Hopper, wait about 15 minutes and it might update the guide (it will indicate it on the screensaver.) If it doesn't do it then it will do it during the nightly reboot.

OP says he already gets it (assuming he means via satellite.) If so then the chances of it being a sub-channel are slim-to-nil.

That being said some stations simply don't have any guide data provided by Dish, unfortunately.

It seems that some stations don't supply the Guide service that Dish uses with their program information. If you see the call letters or "Digital Programming", that means the information is not available. It's usually the stations that are running lots of local programs or one of the retro networks like RTV, MeTV, Antenna TV, etc. I get the This movie channel on two different stations. There is guide information for one, but not the other. You'd think that stations would want to get their schedule listed wherever they can, but some don't seem to care.

All of the main network stations seem to do a great job of providing their program info, even on their sub-channels. It's the non-network channels that seem to be the ones with missing information.

For the user this causes two problems: 1-You don't know what programs the station is airing, and 2-If you do find a program you want to record by tuning around, you have to do a manual timer since there's nothing in the guide.

Larry
SF

OP says he already gets it (assuming he means via satellite.) If so then the chances of it being a sub-channel are slim-to-nil.

That being said some stations simply don't have any guide data provided by Dish, unfortunately.

One of my locals (which Dish supplies) and is not a subchannel has never had guide info. I have contacted several people/departments at Dish and still no info.

Indeed patience was all that was need - Guide info populated! thanks for all the responses everyone.

I now get to watch a few extra BLazers games this year in HD with surround. OTA dongle is amazing!

One of my locals (which Dish supplies) and is not a subchannel has never had guide info. I have contacted several people/departments at Dish and still no info.

Has this ever been fixed? I have my local PBS which is not populating the main 12.1 guide info, but the 12.2 and 12.3 data is there. My friend's will populate on his Hopper, but he's on WA and I'm on EA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)