Overwatch Thread

I look forward to the day when I hit big and someone impersonates me with Mercy and then we have a big "Heal Off"

Well deserved. There are obviously a few other games that could be argued instead but Overwatch absolutely deserves all the praise it has gotten.

Just took a look at the rest of the winners, and while I'm not bringing this up to belittle Overwatch's winnings, but some of them are a little suspect. Is Steep really the best Sports game of the year? I don't recall that game exactly setting the world on fire. Also, Doom for best original music? That's like The Martian winning the Golden Globe for Best Comedy in 2014, in that it seems like a weird thing to be honored for, or that it was the best in that category. I guess they felt they had to give Doom SOMETHING but they already gave best action game and GOTY to Overwatch.

Just took a look at the rest of the winners, and while I'm not bringing this up to belittle Overwatch's winnings, but some of them are a little suspect. Is Steep really the best Sports game of the year? I don't recall that game exactly setting the world on fire. Also, Doom for best original music? That's like The Martian winning the Golden Globe for Best Comedy in 2014, in that it seems like a weird thing to be honored for, or that it was the best in that category. I guess they felt they had to give Doom SOMETHING but they already gave best action game and GOTY to Overwatch.

I actually think the Doom soundtrack is awesome. It's not something I would probably listen to in my car but it fit the tone of the game and the action on screen perfectly. I was all in on the music right from the opening of the game when Doom Guy cocks the shotgun as the last beat of the song.

I agree that out of all the things Doom does well it seems weird to win an original music award though. Even though the music was great, that's not the first thing I think of when I think about that game.

Agreed. The music is very good and really enhances the experience, but there's so much more to the game that deserves recognition before that IMO.

A few more clips..

This is the definition of teamwork:

And this is the definition of not playing as Reinhardt properly:

Yeah, that was one of the better coordinated efforts we've ever had together even with all the hours we have put into this game.
One of my favorite parts is at around 14 seconds in, when the enemy D.Va is trying to run away after she (for some unknown reason) did her ult attack and then got hit by mine and was thrown in mid air, where her body ragdolled and did a 180 degree flip and went smack right into the side wall.

From Reddit:

i0pk43kf1yhy.jpg

Overwatch has a big new update today. While there are numerous tweaks and adjustments to characters, probably the biggest part of the update is the Game Browser, which allows fully customized games to be made.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

I'll likely be trying this out tonight. Sadly I'll be by myself while my normal partner spends his time hunting mechanical dinosaurs with some scantily clad chick.

Overwatch has a big new update today. While there are numerous tweaks and adjustments to characters, probably the biggest part of the update is the Game Browser, which allows fully customized games to be made.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

I'll likely be trying this out tonight. Sadly I'll be by myself while my normal partner spends his time hunting mechanical dinosaurs with some scantily clad chick.

Haha yeah. I'm excited for this update but there is no way I'm not playing Horizon tonight.

They're currently up on PTR. I'll try them out in the next few days, or tonight if Horizon still hasn't arrived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)