Paramount.....Well, you know...

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Paramount following Warner out the HD DVD door? - Engadget HD

The Financial Times is reporting that Paramount is preparing to use a get out clause in its HD DVD exclusivity deal, and go back to Blu-ray, about 4 months after ending its dual-format release schedule. The move would be a result of Warner's switch to Blu-ray, using a "get out" clause in Paramount's promotional agreement with the HD DVD camp. No details on what it might take to rip up the contract and make Michael Bay very, very happy, but if the rumor proves true this could make the slow death he predicted for HD DVD a very, very fast one.

A fast and slow death.
Well I bet after Paramount goes BD exclusive I can see transformers released for BD by this summer.

That's a day old. Warners denied the switch right up until it happened

Neutral is not going to save HD-DVD -- it will just hasten the demise. If both Universal and Paramount decided to just go neutral that would pretty much put a end to HD-DVD. What B&M would carry HD-DVD when all the same titles are on BD?

They already said they would not drop HDDVD, does not mean they wont go neutral.

I think Warner proved (again) that denying rumors doesn't mean much... everyone does it, right up to the point that they come out and announce that the rumor is, in fact, true.

Not saying it's going to happen... but I'm not putting much stock into Paramount saying anything at this point...

I disagree.

Youll see in my Laser Disc post that it was actually supported for a very long time.

WB is gonna support HDDVD till May, and if Uni and Para go neutral, theres room for HDDVD for awhile. Granted retailers will cut back and itll prob look like the UMD selection, but the stuff will be readily available online. Im willing to bet youll be able to buy HDDVD movies for a long while if those two go neutral.

I do think if they BOTH go neutral that resolves all doubt about the winner, BUT it still has to adopted my the masses.

I think Warner proved (again) that denying rumors doesn't mean much... everyone does it, right up to the point that they come out and announce that the rumor is, in fact, true.

Not saying it's going to happen... but I'm not putting much stock into Paramount saying anything at this point...

I agree. Paramount dropped BD on its ass. You think they wont reverse the favor?

Famous Rumors/Quotes of denial -
"It was Flax seed oil" - Berry Bonds
"I am not here to talk about the past" - McGuire
"It was Vitamin B12 he injected me with" - The Rocket
"I did not sleep with that woman" - Pres. Clinton
"I am not a Crook" - Pres. Nixon
"My client does not speak the English Language" - Sosa's Lawyer
"The Next Generation does not start till we say it does" - Sony Exec.
"Microsoft Bob will revolutionize the desktop" - Mr. Gates.

Famous Rumors/Quotes of denial -
"It was Flax seed oil" - Berry Bonds
"I am not here to talk about the past" - McGuire
"It was Vitamin B12 he injected me with" - The Rocket
"I did not sleep with that woman" - Pres. Clinton
"I am not a Crook" - Pres. Nixon
"My client does not speak the English Language" - Sosa's Lawyer
"The Next Generation does not start till we say it does" - Sony Exec.
"Microsoft Bob will revolutionize the desktop" - Mr. Gates.

:clap

TimesOnline on Paramount and other HDDVD Defections

Nothing real big here, we all knew BD was big in Japan and thats all they seem to talk about.

Blu-Ray takes inside edge in war with HD-DVD - Times Online

One thing did stand out to me:

Several other Japanese firms – including content producers and electronics component makers – said that their support of HD DVD was “under review” and that they knew of many others in the same position.