Paramount.....Well, you know...

News Flash from the digitalbits!!!!!!!!

Santa Claus will deliver presents next Christmas. We have it from a reliable elf that they are preparing for it as we speak behind closed doors!!!!!!!

So your saying the digitalbits states the obvious?

So Paramount is going blu! Great!

Its over now Vurbano, beatboy77 just dropped this poem. Thomas Paines "Common Sense", release on Jan 10th.

If Beatboy says 1-10 it must be true :neener

Paramount's back soon
That's Common Sense
Many more will come
And jump from the fence

Uni will wait
Just a bit longer
Until the offer they get
Gets stronger and stronger

Uni's a Paine
From time to time
Will release on both
But that is just fine

When will Paramount move
My lips have been muzzled
The answer's above
Decipher this puzzle
icon_smile.gif

~Josh

blah blah........I think they are making a mistake with blu being the next gen format......people will find out over time

Orly? Tell me why?
Because you are an HD-DVD supporter and want HD-DVD to win?

I think blu-ray so far has done a great job.
Titles, studios, its all on our side, how could you say they made a mistake?

People will find over time that Blu-ray was the best decision they ever made.

Famous Rumors/Quotes of denial -
"It was Flax seed oil" - Berry Bonds
"I am not here to talk about the past" - McGuire
"It was Vitamin B12 he injected me with" - The Rocket
"I did not sleep with that woman" - Pres. Clinton
"I am not a Crook" - Pres. Nixon
"My client does not speak the English Language" - Sosa's Lawyer
"The Next Generation does not start till we say it does" - Sony Exec.
"Microsoft Bob will revolutionize the desktop" - Mr. Gates.

double :clap:clap

As Vurb is well aware, the Paramount statement very carefully used the word "current." Tomorrow they could say their "new" policy is .......

Orly? Tell me why?

I'm not saying that BD is bad but I feel it's not the right format.....I really believe that HD DVD is the right choice. They say having the both formats are confusing people but all I can do is laugh. How do you go from DVD to Blu Ray? That alone is confusing. DVD to HD DVD makes more sense. Just as we went from TV to HDTV. The only reason BD is more out there is because Sony has a heck a lot more $$$$ than Toshiba and they kiss more @$$. The only way for this to end is to bring both technologies together but Sony will not get off their high horse to see the real answer!!

How do you go from VHS to DVD? They are all just clever marketing terms.

If you pick up a Blu-Ray you probably understand that it will not work in your regular DVD player.

I'm not saying that BD is bad but I feel it's not the right format.....I really believe that HD DVD is the right choice. They say having the both formats are confusing people but all I can do is laugh. How do you go from DVD to Blu Ray? That alone is confusing. DVD to HD DVD makes more sense. Just as we went from TV to HDTV. The only reason BD is more out there is because Sony has a heck a lot more $$$$ than Toshiba and they kiss more @$$. The only way for this to end is to bring both technologies together but Sony will not get off their high horse to see the real answer!!

Sorry FJA but the BDA does not need to merge anything, Blu-Ray is the new successor to the DVD format. You make it sound as if Toshiba and HD-DVD have something to bargain with.

Orly? Tell me why?

Because in their current states HD DVD is complete. The final specs are finished. BD is still evolving. In time BD will probably get it all right. I just wish they would hurry up. It's over a year 1/2 since launch.

BD is still evolving because the format is not completly ready yet where HD DVD was 100% ready. 300 HD DVD had a better feature than it's BD conterpart. The special features HD DVD had are far much better than BDs

BD is still evolving because the format is not completly ready yet where HD DVD was 100% ready. 300 HD DVD had a better feature than it's BD conterpart. The special features HD DVD had are far much better than BDs

This is good if you care about features. If you care about having the most available movies in HD, BD is the way to go.

If people didn't care about features DVD would have died in 1997 when it came out. I say if you don't care about the whole movie experience go back to VHS or just watching TV. The whole concept behind DVD, BD and HD DVD is to take people beyond the movie. That's why I jumped on DVD in 97. I'm a movie fanatic......I like everything about movies from casting to filming behind the scenes. And this is why HD DVD intrests me more than BD!!

If people didn't care about features DVD would have died in 1997 when it came out. I say if you don't care about the whole movie experience go back to VHS or just watching TV. The whole concept behind DVD, BD and HD DVD is to take people beyond the movie. That's why I jumped on DVD in 97. I'm a movie fanatic......I like everything about movies from casting to filming behind the scenes. And this is why HD DVD intrests me more than BD!!

This is very flawed and one-sided.

Whats the whole point of HD? PQ and SQ.

DVD was neat in that it offered extras which were new at the time, to me they grew old quickly. DVD offered much better PQ/SQ and they did not deteriorate.
Do you go see a blockbuster at the movies because it allows you to watch directors talk about crap people dont care about? Does the theater offer you pip? NOPE.

Let me guess, you like the popcorn. Ive all but quit going to the movies since buying the ps3 and a2. no need when I can have great audio and video at home.

Personally, I think it had more to do with not having to rewind, not having to worry about a movie getting "eaten" or wearing out, never having to adjust the "tracking" again, oh - and better quality picture and surround sound didn't hurt either... of all the reasons to move from VHS to DVD I think extra features was about 6th or 7th on the list.

Personally, I think it had more to do with not having to rewind, not having to worry about a movie getting "eaten" or wearing out, never having to adjust the "tracking" again, oh - and better quality picture and surround sound didn't hurt either... of all the reasons to move from VHS to DVD I think extra features was about 6th or 7th on the list.

I actually forgot about the whole rewinding thing. Chapter select rocks.

no rewind, lasting longer were also reasons........yes I still go to the movies because I like to go out for a good time now and then plus certain movies must be seen on the big screen atleast once

I was able to see "The Matrix" 2 and 3 at an IMAX theater. That was sweeeet!

Now if I have the chance, I take Imax all the way for a theater experience.

My local theater is about $30 for me and my wife to go, get popcorn and drinks.

Im growing real fond of my HD players and TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)