Paramount.....Well, you know...

Yeah read that earlier. Hoping that they do Neutral for awhile though and not just dump HD-DVD all together for awhile at least.

:D

I dont think theyll do a complete swing. Prob pick a date like WB.

The digital bits article on new line and Pan's was pretty much to the point.

Well, maxpower(bd insider) just stated that certain "event's" have "activated" the release clause. If this is true then they can pull the trigger. Stay tuned folks.

Well, maxpower(bd insider) just stated that certain "event's" have "activated" the release clause. If this is true then they can pull the trigger. Stay tuned folks.
And amir has already asked questioned that Maxy refuses to answer or lacks knowledge to anwer.

And amir has already asked questioned that Maxy refuses to answer or lacks knowledge to anwer.

That had to do with the TL51, which DV also shot down. Amir's only defense of Para was the denial to "drop" HDDVD.

You see how Amir really answered my question when he posted the Para denial.

They ALL dodge questions.

Well, if everybody moves to Blu-ray this month/quarter, then one of the claims of the old HD DVD crowd might come true after all. Especially if people start buying more, there could be a temporary shortage of BD production facilities. I know some are under construction, but I don't know when they start up production.

It's good to have a problem like that.

Bloomberg.com: Japan

Jan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures denied a newspaper report that the studio is poised to follow Time Warner Inc. in abandoning Toshiba Corp.'s HD DVD technology.

``Paramount's current plan is to continue to support the HD DVD format,'' Brenda Ciccone, a spokeswoman for Paramount, said in an e-mail today.

Note the use of the word "current" in their response.

It could be Paramount may be required to release in the HD-DVD format until the end of the contract. They may just be that the exclusivity of HD-DVD was tied to Warner. Now that Warner is leaving HD-DVD Parmamount may be able to also release BD.

I have a laser disc collection. And I remember the collapse of laser disc after the release of DVD. It happened VERY fast. In about 1 week they blew out all the titles from the Pioneer warehouses and LD was no more (just what was on store shelves). If Universal and Paramount go dual format, I expect HD-DVD to go mail order only. All the retailers will have a nice sale to clear up shelf space. More shelf space is far more valuable than trying to wring margins out of a dead product. Be ready to buy up any HD-DVDs at retail at bargain prices if you want to "archive" a few movies.

Amazon will probably be the only source of HD-DVD soon, and as soon as Universal and Paramount can stop making HD-DVD, expect them to instantly stop. No use wasting money on a format that is dead.

My current prediction is closeout by end of February for big box retailers.

Maxpower's post stated that the terms for their "out clause" had been met. Not only are they unhappy with the WB movie, they are pissed at Toshiba for something. Take that with a grain of salt.

Paramount Ready To Defect From HD DVD To Blu-ray

Paramount Ready To Defect From HD DVD To Blu-ray: Report
Tuesday January 8, 7:56 am ET
By David Kaplan

It looks like Toshiba's booth at CES is going to look a little lonelier:

Paramount Ready To Defect From HD DVD To Blu-ray: Report: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Paramount is ready to switch its allegiance from HD DVD in light of Warner Bros. Entertainment's decision to choose Sony's (NYSE: SNE - News) Blu-ray disc technology, FT reports. Viacom-owned Paramount and Dreamworks Animation signed on with Toshiba's HD DVD format last summer. But Paramount made sure to insert a clause in the deal that allows them to pull out if WB goes with Blu-ray. However, it's unclear whether that clause covers Dreamworks Animation as well.
Before its announcement on Friday, WB had been sitting on the fence, releasing its home video in both formats. Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS - News), 20th Century Fox, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Lionsgate all use Blu-ray. With the inclusion of WB in that group, Blu-ray can claim roughly 70 percent of Hollywood studios' output goes from its current 49 percent share to roughly 70 percent. WB's agreement with Sony on Blu-ray goes into effect on June 1. With Paramount seemingly settled, the next one to watch is Universal. So far, it has not unveiled its DVD plans, but at this point, it seems like a matter of time before Universal goes exclusively Blu-ray too.

ALready debunked earlier today. How many threads are you blu people going to start quoting a source quoting the same WRONG article???????

The same rumor over and over and over and over........... I think they think if they post it enough it will come true.

News Flash from the digitalbits!!!!!!!!

Santa Claus will deliver presents next Christmas. We have it from a reliable elf that they are preparing for it as we speak behind closed doors!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)