Pay as you go account

rsmithwi

On Vacation
Original poster
May 14, 2014
Land of 10,000 taxes!
Going to do self install with owned equipment and do an activation only account. Is there a minimum level programming package that is required?. I understand about paying a month in advanced and will be paying with a CC every month. I would like to sub to the smart pack and that does include local channels. Assuming the dish is on the correct arc for the locals, is HD included just for the locals only?. I understand there is a $10.00 month charge for HD but was wondering is that needed to get the locals in HD and other channels in the package that have HD feeds as well. The only HD I want is the locals, and nothing else but do I have to pay an additional $10.00 / month for that privilege.

Thanks for the help on this one.

If you sub to the smart pack, then you will not have the option for the hd add on. The locals will still come in hd if available, and the minimum package for starting or maintaining dish is the welcome package.
Free previews will come in hd still if available and any channels that do not require the hd add on will be hd as well without the add on. For the most part, as long as you have the right equipment, you should be able to achieve what you want, and not pay the hd add on fee. Just the equipment fees(depends on equipment) and programming fees.

Thanks for the info. Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but it's a tad confusing. I will be buying a 211k, setup on EA. Milwaukee locals which are on 61.5 in HD and I should get in HD in the Smart pack included in the package. It seems to make sense now. I am glad Dish has a no contract option as well.

You got it. That's exactly how it works. Any reason you want smart pack and not the welcome pack, if just for locals. Save yourself some money.

Reactions: Tampa8
BTW, if your sincerely going to activate an account, help a fellow member out and use his referral code. You'll also get a 50$ credit as well.

Do the referrals work with pay-as-you-go? I thought they were only valid with new 2-year contract activations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)