post pictures of your setup!

justalurker said:
Here's a shot of NBC-HD's coverage on one of my sets. Actually, it's that Sony commercial ... as received in HD on my Samsung tuner.

JL

That's the sweetest focking setup I have ever laid eyes upon! :yes

ocaddict said:
You are in severe need of a TV stand dude. I chose the sony over your TV, mostly because the stock stand for your tv was a ridiculous 600$! F that!

I like the built in look, I have thought about doing it with my entertainment center when we remodel our family room. I will probably have a separate built in shells for my components though... :)

Built in look? That's my queue.

Since this picture was taken, I've replaced that 4900 with a 6000 and the green ethernet cable has been removed.

Attachments

• 000_0005.JPG
    000_0005.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 000_0011.JPG
    000_0011.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 391
Cyclone said:
Built in look? That's my queue.

Since this picture was taken, I've replaced that 4900 with a 6000 and the green ethernet cable has been removed.

Nice set up Cyclone.. Was the hole already in the wall or did you construct it for the TV. The TV looks really high above the fireplace. What height is it at? That is a major contrast to mine in terms of TV height placement. Any neck problems? My bother-in-law is thinking about placing his above the fireplace. Any problem with heat?

It is pretty high up there in the wall. It was included with the house. My 27" looked pretty pathetic in there. The thought of heaving a 205lbs 34" Direct view tube into there wasn't feasible. So I found I could put a 42" plasma n there. Its worked well and temps have never been a problem.

The couch is 14" back from the screen, so our necks are fine. Surprisingly enough, the mantle deflects the heat away from the TV nook. So it doesn't get very hot in there with the fireplace goining.

Attachments

• tv_nook_sm.jpg
    tv_nook_sm.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 236
WeeJavaDude said:
Here is mine.

Here is my set up. I included some pictures of the overall set up and some things I though were a bit unique.

Pioneer Elite VSX-26TX Receiver
JVC S7500U VCR
Yamaha DVDC-920 (5 DVD changer)
Dish 811 Receiver
Sony 60" GWII
Volodyne 1200 Subwoofer

Speakers:
Definitive Technology
Fronts - Studio Monitor 350's
Center - CLR 2002
Rear - UIWBP/A

Remote: Pronto 3000

Unbelievable setup WJD. Looks superb. Color me jealous.

Cyclone said:
It is pretty high up there in the wall. It was included with the house. My 27" looked pretty pathetic in there. The thought of heaving a 205lbs 34" Direct view tube into there wasn't feasible. So I found I could put a 42" plasma n there. Its worked well and temps have never been a problem.

The couch is 14" back from the screen, so our necks are fine. Surprisingly enough, the mantle deflects the heat away from the TV nook. So it doesn't get very hot in there with the fireplace goining.

Absolutely hideous.

Cyclone said:

I assume you meant 14' ;) . WOW that is good distance. That should help those artifact issues. the 42" plasma looks much nicer in that space. With my brother's room he won't be 14' so it could be an issue for sure. Nice seperation on your speakers(Something I wish I could have gotten). Any issues with the fact that the center speaker is so much lower that the right/left fronts?

Unthinkable said:
Unbelievable setup WJD. Looks superb. Color me jealous.

Thanks Cyclone. The wife and I mainly designed the cabinet and we had a guy that builds cabinets out of is garage build it. We are very happy with the results.

It was my pet project while I was out of work for a couple of months during a forced job transition. ;)

Heres my addition to the SatelliteGuys Gallery:

Living Room:

60'' LG RPLCD Monitor
Dish 811
PS2
LG DVD/VHS Combo (Free with TV)

Master Bedroom:

42" Smasung Plasma Monitor
Dish 811
Samsung Progressive Scan DVD
JVC Surround Sound

Hopefully I will get some better audio in the future..lol

-Kevin

Attachments

• DSC00239.JPG
    DSC00239.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC00238.JPG
    DSC00238.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 275
Here ya go..

Hitachi 65S700
H/K AVR-330 (325 in picture)
Samsung HD931
Custom piece of plywood behind right speaker to prevent child entanglement.

Kind of an Old School set-up... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 276
As a matter of fact I do have a whirlpool. Good observation! The vacuum cleaner shaped sub woofer was on clearance so I picked it up cheap. It has great base response!

Attachments

• DCP_3593.JPG
    DCP_3593.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 180

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)