Post what DirecTV retention offered you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Left about a month ago to switch to xfinity for the bundle. Directv offered me about $25 off for the 3 months I had left in my commitment. About a week after I cancled, I get a email with additional,savings and offered a $$200 visa card to return.

I would love to return but the bundle I get from Comcast is just too good to pass up.

For what it worth, I was told my termination fee would be $60 for the three months I had left in my commitment, but they depidnt charge me fo some reason. Just received my final bill and they actually owe me some money back.

Reactions: madmadworld
This is the way to keep your customers from leaving. I've never understood why companies focus on new customers and neglect the ones they have. You already setup the equipment, try to keep them happy with programming discounts.
I believe we may have turned a corner in that regard.
A few months back, I called to cancel HBO. Dish gave me half off for 6 months. Guess what? When it comes up again. I will call to cancel HBO and see what they say....If they don't offer anything, no great shakes. I save $19 per month

For me, it's who can get me the most Cardinal's games. When my son lived 40 miles east of me, in Waterloo, they got all the Cardinals games on Mediacom. But in the little town I live in, nothing. MLB.TV only works if you like watching games after they are over. At least if you live in Iowa, where you are considered by all the teams in the midwest to be in their market, so they are all blacked out. Satellite is my only option. But this is off topic for this thread. Back on topic, I'll be calling either tonite or tomorrow, and while I would like a break in what I pay, what I really want is some equipment upgrades.
I'm in the markets of 4 teams. 3 of which are NL teams. 2 are in the NL East. I am a Mets fan. That means including all of the games vs the Reds Nats and Braves, Plus the MLB network games, ESPN and since I have the super station package, I get WPIX ( 30 games) I basically get around 100 Mets games without having to sub to anything except the RSN pack....The ones I don't watch, I just fire up the XM Radio and listen.....

I couldn't use the $200 card for D* service -- so I'd still be paying over $100 for TV, which was simply not acceptable. I determined what my Mediacom bill was for TV alone, with the equivalent of the Choice Xtra package, as well as HD and whole-home TiVO service, and asked DirecTV if they would match it. They said no way.
Wait a minute. Two hundred dollars is two hundred dollars. It doesn't matter. It's yours whether in the form of a debit card or a credit. Or a check. Who cares. It's TWO HUNDO.....

Wait a minute. Two hundred dollars is two hundred dollars. It doesn't matter. It's yours whether in the form of a debit card or a credit. Or a check. Who cares. It's TWO HUNDO.....
Thats what I was saying ...
Take the $200 visa card, if you want to apply it to your D* bill, you can do that easily enough, you can do it online or you can call in and add it, no problem.
Or you can take that $200 and buy something else you've been wanting.

They also said I could get the HR44 but when it came it was a 34. No disappointed because I figured I would not get the 44, I called and let them know. They said the only guaranteed way to get the 44 was to get Wireless clients and a $99 set up fee that cannot be waived. I said no, I don't need the clients and will continue to use the sluggish 34. Then they offered me $15 of a month for 12 months plus SHO, HBO and MAX free for 3 months.
I was ok with that...
I got $20 off for 24 months, an HR44, 2 wireless clients, I'm keeping my HR24, and all the set up fees were waived.

That works fine as long as you don't want to watch games live. I'm in Iowa, and Minnesota, Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City all claim that I am in their market, so all games are blacked out until they are over. I pay for the audio portion every year, so I can listen to games while I'm at work or in the car, but the video, just to watch recorded games, is to expensive.

Thats what I was saying ...
Take the $200 visa card, if you want to apply it to your D* bill, you can do that easily enough, you can do it online or you can call in and add it, no problem.
Or you can take that $200 and buy something else you've been wanting.

The issue was how much we were paying for TV each month. Even if I used the $200 card to pay the DirecTV bill, I'd be back writing a $130 check for TV alone every month. That simply became unacceptable. And yes, I could have cut the channel packages to save money. But of course the channels we watch are included only on higher tiers. The economics just didn't justify continuing with DirecTV.

Now if the Mediacom service did not include a clear digital picture, whole-home TiVo and all the channels my family watches in HD, that would have made a difference. But since it does, there was no argument to change.

That works fine as long as you don't want to watch games live. I'm in Iowa, and Minnesota, Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City all claim that I am in their market, so all games are blacked out until they are over. I pay for the audio portion every year, so I can listen to games while I'm at work or in the car, but the video, just to watch recorded games, is to expensive.

Bogy, I'm in Iowa too. Besides the Cardinals on FSM, Mediacom does beam in Royals, Twins and Brewers games, and local channels carry numerous Cubs and White Sox games. And as a Mets fan, it pays for me to be able to see most of their games live.

Bogy, I'm in Iowa too. Besides the Cardinals on FSM, Mediacom does beam in Royals, Twins and Brewers games, and local channels carry numerous Cubs and White Sox games. And as a Mets fan, it pays for me to be able to see most of their games live.
Sure would be nice if the Sat companies were allowed to play by the same rules that Cable does.

But in my community I wouldn't get FSM on Mediacom. No sports networks.

You guys that got a $200 prepaid card MUST be on the higher level channel packages, I am on a lower channel package and the most I can get is $15 off per month.

Really? Not even from the closest SMSA?
When my son lived in Waterloo Iowa, and had Mediacom, he could watch the Cards because got FSM, but in my little town 40 miles away, no sports networks at all. Even with Dish or Directv I have to get the sports pack, because my zip code includes the corners of four different counties. Which RSN you get as your "local" depends on which county you live in. Somebody decided my county should all follow Chicago, even though counties to the east of me get St. Louis.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)