Problems with HD from ViP211k

You may not be aware of this, but Dish just last week released their new TurboHD Dish.

Its the new Dish 1000.2 with TurboHD printed on the middle of it (not coincidentally right where the signal hits the dish).

I think this might be the answer to your problem.
Absolutely!

:what :what :what
I don't have any more useful input here. Open season guys!

BTW, the only new technology here is the fullscale implementation of 8PSK-Turbo which is an encoding scheme allowing more channels per transponder.
Too easy:)
I tried to help, but nothing is going to change.
I thought he has s-video cable, or the box was set to 480, but maybe not?
Possibly something went wrong with the box?

From what I hear, the new HD DVR that Dish is coming out with next year ain't nothing compared to these new TurboHD stickers.

Gotta get me sum of dem.

I feel cheated...I went paperless billing and I didn't get my magical sticker that sez my 211 is now truly HD since its Turbo Charged...Oh darn!
Same here! I wonder if i get one of those stickers, will i then be able to get my locals in HD?
Maybe that is the holdup with the promised 2006 New Orleans HD locals ;)

From what I hear, the new HD DVR that Dish is coming out with next year ain't nothing compared to these new TurboHD stickers.

Gotta get me sum of dem.

Yeah those new HD DVRs that are coming out wont even output in HD unless you have a Turbo HD sticker on the receiver and on your 1000.2 :eureka

You all are idiots who know nothing about HDTV. I bet your TV's look like crap. I'm giving Dish Network a little while to update this box and then I'm canceling them. Why pay for something you don't get?

You may not be aware of this, but Dish just last week released their new TurboHD Dish.

Its the new Dish 1000.2 with TurboHD printed on the middle of it (not coincidentally right where the signal hits the dish).

I think this might be the answer to your problem.

Do you suppose that this dish comes with MPEG-4 LNBs ? ;)

You all are idiots who know nothing about HDTV. I bet your TV's look like crap. I'm giving Dish Network a little while to update this box and then I'm canceling them. Why pay for something you don't get?
Loser. Won't take good advise when it's given freely.

I figured out his problem:

He needs a new flux capacitor! I had mine go bad the other day and dish sent me a new one... now everything is fine.

Possibly the OP didn't use that oh so important inursial guidance system to aim the dish so it is now aimed and one of those darn SD satellites. :eureka

Maybe Dish can e-mail some cool stickers out to us paperless people. :rolleyes:

Since Dish is so into extra fees, maybe for us paperless billing people we can call and for a one time charge we can get the sticker!:)

Since Dish is so into extra fees, maybe for us paperless billing people we can call and for a one time charge we can get the sticker!:)

I just called about this. They said I could get the sticker for only $15,000 a piece.

CSR said something about this money going toward some court case involving their DVRs. ;);)

Dont let the door hit you on the way out...

Obviously you're the idiot, because you're doing something wrong, yet you refuse to recognize it. The only way you'll solve the problem is to first find out what could be wrong.

Or make a fool of yourself, either way it doesn't matter. We can either laugh at you or laugh with you...it's your call.

People asked for settings from this guy several times. He refused to answer the questions and just kept stating he knows he has it right.

If he did have it right, he would be looking at HD.

What else can we do? I think a mod should just lock this thread up and throw it away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)