PS3 Component out is junk!

Actually, it is the pros that say it is one of the best, that is the home theater testing crowd. I will put my money on their analysis way before I would even pick up a CR and read anything about electronics.

No. In consumer reports opinion the component out on the PS3 is the worst of the high def DVD players they've tested.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...ideo_game_systems_as_high-def_dvd_players.htm

I was just wondering why someone that doesn't own one would give a hoot? Oh I get it, anything at all that you consider negative toward Blu-Ray, or the PS3 is fair game to post here.

I haven't heard one word about it's component out from anyone that has one...

Actually after reading the article, I had to chuckle. To me, sounds like the article gives a more positive slant to the PS3 than to the XBox360, but you don't see anyone with a post titled 360 subpar and hazy on standeard DVDs compared to PS3.
Weak attempt at a bash my friend!:eek:

I think if one of the countries biggest resource tools for products says that the component out on the PS3 is below standards, consumers looking to make a choice should know.

Also, it allows me to bash! :D

I was just wondering why someone that doesn't own one would give a hoot? Oh I get it, anything at all that you consider negative toward Blu-Ray, or the PS3 is fair game to post here.

I haven't heard one word about it's component out from anyone that has one...

Actually after reading the article, I had to chuckle. To me, sounds like the article gives a more positive slant to the PS3 than to the XBox360, but you don't see anyone with a post titled 360 subpar and hazy on standeard DVDs compared to PS3.
Weak attempt at a bash my friend!:eek:

Why don't you try actually reading the thread? I stated back in post 5 that component works fine for me.

Why don't you try actually reading the thread? I stated back in post 5 that component works fine for me.

Where did I quote you? Obviously I was reffering to the Post by Team Erickson. Maybe my post should have read that "I haven't heard 1 negative word about..."
So what are you jumping on me for? Works fine for me too. We are on the same side here...

I think if one of the countries biggest resource tools for products says that the component out on the PS3 is below standards, consumers looking to make a choice should know.

Also, it allows me to bash! :D

I missed the "Also, it allows me to bash! :D[/QUOTE] part that you posted there. Now I have to give you credit, there is an honest answer!!:up

Where did I quote you? Obviously I was reffering to the Post by Team Erickson. Maybe my post should have read that "I haven't heard 1 negative word about..."
So what are you jumping on me for? Works fine for me too. We are on the same side here...

I didn't mean to jump on you at all, you just made what seemed to be a blanket statement that was incorrect. I don't know how obvious it was that you were specifically referring to someones post. Anyway, my apologies if you felt like I was jumping on you.

Erickson, you have a PS3?
Why would he or anyone else if they had component input only after reading that?

Less satisfying was the PS3's less than optimal HD picture quality when connected using its component-video output, which produced images that lacked the detail and clarity we've seen with other high-definition DVD players connected using their component-video output

Why would he or anyone else if they had component input only after reading that?

Vurbano, Hugh? Is it not possible any of us already had our PS3 before reading this article. I wanted to know if he had experience with it. Either I am just not with it today or I am misunderstanding your statement, or you are being sarcastic.....

Tawhite,:) it's all good.

Last edited: