Question about "The CW" channel...

Bond007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Orlando Fla
Why is it that Dish locals do not include this channel? If I hook up HD rabbit ears, I get The CW (WB) channel in picture perfect HD, but from my Dish satellite it's crappy SD.

Everyone else here, DirecTV and Brighthouse offer The CW in HD btw.

Any ideas? I don't know much about this stuff, thats why I'm asking. :)

contracts have to be signed.....and I know Dish wanted to get the most cities up in HD no matter how many (or in some cases how few) channels a market has.

The local CW affiliate is broadcast/cable exclusive and is owned by the local CBS affiliate here (Medford, OR) which carries the CW network outlet on a digital subcarrier.

I get the CW network on Dish Network here through KTLA in Los Angeles.

probably the SD version. The CW in Duluth, MN is the same way (through CBS subchannel) and I use to get as part of the locals for Duluth WPIX in NY (west coast got KTLA)

If Dish went ahead and put cities up in HD even if all the channels are not in HD or if agreements are not reached then they would still be ahead due to the fact that it might put pressure on those stations that are not in HD or to sign deals. I'm sure the markets where a deal can be reached by all networks that have them all available will get higher priority over the markets that don't.

Dish will carry it eventually, a legal requirement that they carry all HD locals if they carry any in a market gradually kicks in over the next couple years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)