Questions about The Hopper?

If you have a hopper and 3 joeys, you should be able to watch 4 streams at once, correct? If I'm recording PTAT and nothing else, would I be able to watch different live programs on all 4 TVs (assuming 2 of them are network channels)? TIA for your help!

If you have a hopper and 3 joeys, you should be able to watch 4 streams at once, correct?
correct. three live streams and one recorded. Unless you have PTAT enabled, then you could technically watch live streams on all during that time period.
If I'm recording PTAT and nothing else, would I be able to watch different live programs on all 4 TVs (assuming 2 of them are network channels)? TIA for your help!
yes. The way i understand it, you could even have all four tvs watching the PTAT channels and still have two tuners free to record some other cable channels.

Scott which is true on this and is there $7 charge for first hopper? ty for reply :)
Originally Posted by dishcomm

$38..$17 for the Hopper. $7 for each joey..In other words, it's absurd. $38 BEFORE you get to programming.
I can think of one Dish customer who won't be enjoying Dish's latest and greatest....
No. $31. $6 DVR + $4 Whole Home + $7x3 Joeys.

There is not a $7 fee for the first Hopper.

If you have a hopper and 3 joeys, you should be able to watch 4 streams at once, correct? If I'm recording PTAT and nothing else, would I be able to watch different live programs on all 4 TVs (assuming 2 of them are network channels)? TIA for your help!

Yes. Also DVRd programming
Right. Technically, the 2 network channels are DVRd programming as you are watching them from the HDD while they are being recorded (DVR chase play).

Two questions I haven't seen addressed yet.

1) How will the hopper system work for those of us with snowbird accounts? I assume that both residences will have to be re-wired for hopper-joeys. What will the extra installation fee be?

2) If you upgrade to the hopper system, can you later go back to a VIP system if you don't like it, and if so, at what cost?

Will it be possible to configure hopper to only run PTAT during particular days of the week?

For us there are only 2 nights that we watch locals so the ability to set by day of the week would free up the third tuner most days.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your questions, Per DISH's request I have copied and pasted the questions to them in an email for them to answers.

I will post the replies when I get them back!

Thanks for making SatelliteGuys your Hopper Headquarters!

Will it be possible to configure hopper to only run PTAT during particular days of the week?

For us there are only 2 nights that we watch locals so the ability to set by day of the week would free up the third tuner most days.
k

From what I remember from the CES video, you can turn it on or off any day before it kicks in. Also, unless there are more than 3 shows on at the same time on those days, you could just set up a timer to record the network programs you wan to save.

I currently have two 722k's. I want to add one hopper and no joeys and keep one 722k. Will DISH allow this? If not will DISH provide free wiring to add a Joey?

(Answer from Scott - No mixed ViP and Hopper equipment on the same account. It can use the wiring which is there. :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)