Questions about the new XiP Receivers?

The switch they use shows two sat lines running to it and then it powers three sat tuners. So I think there must be a dish pro plus separator built into that switch so it can only use two sat lines for three sat tuners.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it dosent, depends on the receiver and the customers history with the company.

As I said before the XiP's when released will be mainly for NEW CUSTOMERS. If an existing customer wants to upgrade there probably wont be an INITIAL deals from DISH and you would need to buy your equipment from DISHSTORE.NET.

Why do they try driving away existing customers like that? I've been a subscriber for years, seems like forever. Is being an existing customer so bad? Do they hate us for staying with them? Does Direct TV treat customers the same way?

Why do they try driving away existing customers like that? I've been a subscriber for years, seems like forever. Is being an existing customer so bad? Do they hate us for staying with them? Does Direct TV treat customers the same way?

This is why I buy my receivers from an online retailer. I can get the latest receiver and I can even trade in my older receivers for credit on my new one. I have done online business this way since 2003. Although this time I may not upgrade. I simply do not have the money to upgrade again , after the 922 upgrade fiasco.

Scott do you think they will finally get the software right on the sling extender by NOVEMBER of THIS year?

Yes I hear it is in final beta now. ;)

Qu'est-ce que c'est "sling extender"? Is this a kind of Slingcatcher? If so, will it only work with a Sling/Dish device, and only on the LAN? Or, will it work with any Slingbox, and from any location?

Yes, the sling extender is for use with the Dish sling devices and only on the local network (wired ethernet, dishcomm or wireless). It will allow HD on a remote TV independent of TV 1.

Actually you can use two TVs at a time. Both TV 1 and TV 2 in HD and have access to all of the recordings. That is if they ever release it... :)

I keep looking at switching to Direct just for the whole home DVR but I hate Direct.....I am very glad to see that Dish is finally catching up. IMHO this looks like a better solution than Direct or ATT Uverse. I am really glad I didn't pay for the 922.
2 questions though:
1. If you have a phone line plugged into the 813 will the caller id display on all TV's or will you have to have a phone line plugged into the 813 and all of the 110's?
2. Assuming an 813/110 whole home setup; what would be the best way to tie in a blue ray player etc that could be watched on any tv?

Actually you can use two TVs at a time. Both TV 1 and TV 2 in HD and have access to all of the recordings. That is if they ever release the extender... :)
Does anyone know what the holdup on the extender is? They're pushing being late by almost two years on this thing.

I keep looking at switching to Direct just for the whole home DVR but I hate Direct.....I am very glad to see that Dish is finally catching up. IMHO this looks like a better solution than Direct or ATT Uverse. I am really glad I didn't pay for the 922.
2 questions though:
1. If you have a phone line plugged into the 813 will the caller id display on all TV's or will you have to have a phone line plugged into the 813 and all of the 110's?
2. Assuming an 813/110 whole home setup; what would be the best way to tie in a blue ray player etc that could be watched on any tv?

1. DK but I sure hope it displays on all TVs. I don't think we'll know this answer until near the end of the year.
2. Doubtful that this will be possible. Currently, Dish receivers only have satellite and OTA inputs. I don't think they're going to want the support headaches that distributing other sourced content would bring. Not to mention, the legal questions.

1. DK but I sure hope it displays on all TVs. I don't think we'll know this answer until near the end of the year.
2. Doubtful that this will be possible. Currently, Dish receivers only have satellite and OTA inputs. I don't think they're going to want the support headaches that distributing other sourced content would bring. Not to mention, the legal questions.

Ain't that the truth. The over/under on how fast Dish would get sued would be 5 seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts