R10 live TV "looping" adjustment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WalksInDarkness

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Kekistan
When I watch live tv on my R10, it looks like the "loop" is about 30 minutes (when I say "loop" I mean the instant ability to Pause/FF/Rew without recording). Some days my triplets get demonicly possesed right when I am trying to watch the news, so I might want pause for even longer. Is there some hidden setting that can extend this to say 60 minutes?
I know the easy answer would be to just record the news too, but I usally live TV "surf" between the cable news channels (CNN/MSNBC/FOX). It always seems like right when an interesting story comes on, suddenly my kids start chasing each other with steak knives or something.

TIA

WalksInDarkness said:
When I watch live tv on my R10, it looks like the "loop" is about 30 minutes (when I say "loop" I mean the instant ability to Pause/FF/Rew without recording). Some days my triplets get demonicly possesed right when I am trying to watch the news, so I might want pause for even longer. Is there some hidden setting that can extend this to say 60 minutes?
I know the easy answer would be to just record the news too, but I usally live TV "surf" between the cable news channels (CNN/MSNBC/FOX). It always seems like right when an interesting story comes on, suddenly my kids start chasing each other with steak knives or something.

TIA
Don't think so 30 min is what you got.

I believe the 30 min buffer, or loop as you call it, is a limitation of the TiVo software.
There may be a hack out there somewhere for standalone TiVo's to have a larger buffer, but its doubtful that if such a hack exists that it will work on a D* TiVo.

All TiVos have a 30 min buffer. The new non-TiVo DVR coming in Oct. has a 90 min buffer. See the comparison here.

There hasn't been a hack to increase the buffer size since TiVo software ver 1.2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Used Hughes E1 Help

RCA HD Receiver HRLP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)