Repoint to 118 from 121

Albert Karl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
I curently have a clean shot at 110, 119, and 121. The Dish N. installer said he would not intall the upgrade to my super dish 121 in order pick up Sat 118, because a tree is in the way of the 118. I told him to make the installation anyway but he refused claiming it would not pass quality control. Isn't Sat 118 Azmuth somewhere between the 110 and 121 Azmuths? There are no trees there. What is the tech worried about? Is he blowing smoke?

:confused:

Albert

I curently have a clean shot at 110, 119, and 121. The Dish N. installer said he would not intall the upgrade to my super dish 121 in order pick up Sat 118, because a tree is in the way of the 118. I told him to make the installation anyway but he refused claiming it would not pass quality control. Isn't Sat 118 Azmuth somewhere between the 110 and 121 Azmuths? There are no trees there. What is the tech worried about? Is he blowing smoke?

:confused:

Albert

umm i just did about 5 re-point kit,, to peak it, i usally just go slight left, and raise the elevation by 1 or 2 degree..... so, u should not have any problem,,, he probally didnt know how to use the kit..

it is between 119 and 110 thin to keep in mind when putting the LNB in the screws might not go in because of self lucking plastic inside the threads if that the case just get utility knife in cut it as deep as you can

And even if, for some reason, he didn't have a repoint kit, he could have used a 500+ and accomplished the same thing. Saying there's no line of sight for 118 when you have 119 just fine is BS period. They're right on top of each other. If you have one, you have the other.

Well, I E-mailed DishN. I'd pay their normal fee if they send out a qualified installer. They responded with: "Call ..." My response: "I don't call you any more it's too frustrating. Since you want to repoint me to Sat 118 without charge, then do it but don't burden me with it or bother my wife 'cause she is ready to drop the service. You sent three techs out here, none of whom had the parts or the knowhow to do the job." Moreover, I may write a letter (not E-mail) to Echostar and let them know that the dumbing down of America has really hit home at Dish Netw. I don't dare recommend their service for fear of getting toilet paper rolled. Their reputation is in the flushdown zone.

What do you have to do to get one? We can't even order them. But if we get a workorder for a repoint, it is a huge PITA to modify it to an upgrade! We can get 500+ and 1000+ any time we want.

All you need is the 500+ LNB, use the existing superdish arm, just drill a hole so the 500+ LNB lines up. Turn the dish slightly to the left on a 121 SD (assuming the SD was already peaked) Nothing new.

It'd be nice to see a picture of the actual repoint kit.

118W is Anik F3. Linear circular polarized.

This bird is very special since it's like being in the twilight zone. It broadcasts under the FSS spectrum with circular polarization. ;)

whats the one for the 121? a friend is curious
and whats in the kit replacement LNB assy??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts