Rethinking TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I saw a commercial about Direct TV "Rethinking TV"...I think it said it would be broadcasting 1500 HD channels in the future. Could someone elaborate on this, as I am a VOOM subscriber, but their days may be numbered. I may be needing to look towards Dish or Direct TV for HD.

I also read another threah about direct tv compressing all the HD.....is this what they do on all the channels and is it only temporary?

kirkdj said:
I saw a commercial about Direct TV "Rethinking TV"...I think it said it would be broadcasting 1500 HD channels in the future. Could someone elaborate on this, as I am a VOOM subscriber, but their days may be numbered. I may be needing to look towards Dish or Direct TV for HD.

I also read another threah about direct tv compressing all the HD.....is this what they do on all the channels and is it only temporary?

The 1500 HD channel thing is a plan over the next couple of years. Four new Sats going up total, two this year and two in 2007. Most of the 1500 channels will be taken up by local HD channels for all of the markets. I think they are planning on having about 150 National HD channels and the rest for local market channels.

As of now Dish has made no announcments of any future HD programming, They will obviously do something but nothing has been said yet. We do know they are trying to buy Voom's Satellite and uplink center, I still have not heard anything about Voom's programming.

About the compression your guess is as good as mine whether or not it's temporary, we can only hope it's not, with mpeg 4 coming soon I am hoping we will go back to full resolution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Audio OUT on FOXHD e/w?

directv billing and accounts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)