SES-3 FCC Approved -- SES-3 Goes Live June 7th 2015

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So a firm date of June 7th. Time to start counting down the days. :)

One way or the other, they need get there butt together everyone are tired of waiting due to lazy FCC or some private satellite company acting like a crybabies!:p

This video was prepared by Microspace to clearly explain the satellite polarization differences between AMC1 and the new SES 3 satellite that will AMC1. With properly adjusted polarization on the new SES 3 satellite you will experience greater signal level and enhanced cross polarization performance.

They make a video to explain how to not to optimize the normal skew offset correctly for SES-1 as installer have set for every other linear polarity satellite, but never released a video of how to set for the bizzare 26 degree skew used for the past umpteen years on AMC1.... :rolleyes:

@ 5:53 "Now, you will now be prepared for years of non-optimized service"... LOL!!!

Reactions: fred555 and N5XZS
The 13 degree offset from peak signal (in the above video) is for the transition only. So you don't lose signal completely. After the transition, then you should re-tune for peak signal.

The 13 degree offset from peak signal (in the above video) is for the transition only. So you don't lose signal completely. After the transition, then you should re-tune for peak signal.

We know that but they just tell you to leave it with a half-assed skew for good.

Updated Title to reflect transition date.

I know they have directtv satellite there at 103w but they said ka is going to be aimed at Canada that's what I was wondering about? Is directv selling thier service in Canada now?

The Ka band payload is licensed by Canada. If Directv wants it they will have to negotiate with Industry Canada. Directv is not coming to Canada

No, I think Directv will eventually get it. They have a license for that band in US, but they have to negotiate /International sat operators, etc. to get it for sure. Never heard anything about Bell and Ka band. Shaw has a deal with exede Sat internet. Not sure where their sat is located. I think they do both Ka and Ku . I've got one of their dishes with a Ka band tria.

Directv will get it. Just like Dish subleases 72.7 from Canadian sat operators Directv will do the same thing
Bell won't do it. Too far away from existing sats (82 & 91)
Shaw has KA & KU on 107.3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts