Sling question

Rinker97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Got my Sling adapter yesterday. Plugged it in and got it working. At first it only came on from the front USB port but then I put it in a rear USB port and it came on so I guess I just didn't wait long enough. I used the iPhone app and played a recorded show from the DVR. Pretty cool. This morning at work I thought I would try Dish Online from a PC.

The main reason I got Sling is to use it while at my lake house and connect a cable from a laptop to my TV to watch recorded shows while down there. Anyway, I tried using Firefox and nothing ever played. I switched over to IE and I had to install a plugin. I installed it and got it all to work. While at the lake I was going to use a MacBook Pro.

I was wondering what browsers are supported to use my Sling thru Dish Online? Will it work with my MacBook Pro? I may end up getting a cheap laptop to keep at the lake house but would probably wait until Windows 8 is shipping on them.

I tried it again and got it to work with Firefox. A message came up about Windows firewall blocking so I told it to unblock and then it worked. Just tried it again and the message never came up and it didn't work. I'll try Safari from home tonight.