So you think the consumer really decided the outcome?

I think it has been said before, but HD DVD kept touting cheaper costs to manufacture discs but we never really saw that on the shelves. Blu had a lot of BOGO and seemed to have discs selling for cheaper prices faster that HD DVD too. They had a lot of $15 movies while HD DVD was pushing $20 and up.

Now that Blu has almost pushed HD out of the picture are the movie prices going to go through the roof? I bet the BOGO deals will be few and far between. I bet sales figures may even drop.

The way players are flying off the shelves, I doubt that.

But I agree with the likelihood of fewer BOGOs, which is why I bought so many BDs on the previous ones. Of course, I now see Amazon has started up another BOGO, so I guess I'm wrong. We'll see what happens as the months pass and HD DVD fades away. Maybe in the fall we'll have more sales again.

The way players are flying off the shelves, I doubt that.

But I agree with the likelihood of fewer BOGOs, which is why I bought so many BDs on the previous ones. Of course, I now see Amazon has started up another BOGO, so I guess I'm wrong. We'll see what happens as the months pass and HD DVD fades away. Maybe in the fall we'll have more sales again.
Do you have a link for the BOGO? I can't find it.

You're right, brain fart on my part. Pretty close to the same net price, though.

20 weeks of BOGO through 2007 was not persuading the consumer. It is called manipulating the numbers.

So what if it was BOGOs, PS3 or any other method, they still managed to get the consumer to buy more BDs than HD-DVDs. Giving away players did not seem to do the trick. If Toshiba had won the war do you really think player prices would still be discounted so much? Do you think the same studios would sell HD-DVDs any cheaper than BDs? No matter who won the war the studios are not going to give away their product forever. BD just had a better strategy to get the consumer to buy discs than HD-DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)