Suggested new feature

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
I'm on vacation fo 2 weeks. There are several timers that I have that are set to record daily. It would be nice if there was an option to Pause the timer rather than have to delete it so there are no recordings while I'm away.

You can edit the timers to be auto tune instead of record and change them back later or just unplug the receiver.

You may not want to unplug the receiver for 2 weeks. When you return you may need to get it reactivated..... The auto-tune is good advice....

Since I'm ovr 400 miles from home, I can't look at my timers. Is auto-tune available for the HWS? sincee I away, I can't unplug my receivers. Also, I can' access any recordings or live tv from one of my HWS's. I can access recordings and live from the HWS connected to my router via ethernet, but my other one, I can't. I can see my recordings and the schedule, I just can't access any video. any ideas on what I can try when I get home or anything I can do now?

Yes, Hopper with Sling has the autotune option. Just go into a series timer or get into the timer edit screen.

When you try to access the nonaccessible HWS, what message do you get? Does it say you receiver is offline?

Since I'm ovr 400 miles from home, I can't look at my timers. Is auto-tune available for the HWS? sincee I away, I can't unplug my receivers. Also, I can' access any recordings or live tv from one of my HWS's. I can access recordings and live from the HWS connected to my router via ethernet, but my other one, I can't. I can see my recordings and the schedule, I just can't access any video. any ideas on what I can try when I get home or anything I can do now?

If bridging.g is not enabled. Try that on the one that is connected.

It's on line. I can see the list of shows in the dvr, I can see the timers, but when I try to select a recordedd show I get the connecting bar then after it moves all the way to the right, I get a error message
There was a problem connecting to your DVR; it may be offline. (Error 31)

Please reset your DVR and Internet connection and try again.

If your asking me, I don't know. I'm 400+ miles from home for 2 weeks. The HWS which I'm having problems viewing is as the tech set it up.

from the posts, dwarren2, I gather you are trying to access your DVR on line, via DishAnywhere where you can access timers, etc., but your issue is a poor internet connection?

Anyway, I do agree about a PAUSE Daily Timer feature. It is not a deal breaker feature, but there have been a few times when I would have preferred to PAUSE the timer rather than Skip the events in the Daily Schedule because ViP and Hopper DVR's will sometimes, more often than your think, UNskip those events the next day and each day even if one keeps repeatedly manually SKIPPING the event, and it becomes a LOSING battle with the DVR winning. This does not happen for all timers, but one never knows when the DVR fancies to UNSkip events I've set to SKIP. It would be great to PAUSE any timer because of this because sometimes it is a TV show that is on several times a week.

Your suggested feature would be fine with me.

from the posts, dwarren2, I gather you are trying to access your DVR on line, via DishAnywhere where you can access timers, etc., but your issue is a poor internet connection?

Back on line. Mu laptop got hit with malware Tuesday evening. It's not a poor internet connecction. I've been using a tablet to view live and dvr'd programing from my "office" HWS just fine. That's the one conneccted via ethernet to my router. It's my other HWS in my living room that I've been unale to view programing from.

Back on line. Mu laptop got hit with malware Tuesday evening. It's not a poor internet connecction. I've been using a tablet to view live and dvr'd programing from my "office" HWS just fine. That's the one conneccted via ethernet to my router. It's my other HWS in my living room that I've been unale to view programing from.
You need to enable bridging on the connected Hopper, as many have advised.

I had thought that an HWS did not need to be bridged since it was wifi reddy. Apparently I was wrong. I'll investigate when I get home in a week.

Update. Tried my laptop today and tried to log on to my living room HWS. Had no problem loading "My recordings" Just for S&G I decided to try to play a recording. And to my suprise it started playing. I'm still 400 miles from home.

Update #2. Tried to get to my living room HWS on my tablet this afternoon and it is also working now. Don't know what changed because I haven't been home to change any settings.

I had thought that an HWS did not need to be bridged since it was wifi reddy. Apparently I was wrong. I'll investigate when I get home in a week.
I thought you had said that only one Hopper was connected to your network. I must have misunderstood. My mistake.

Update. Tried my laptop today and tried to log on to my living room HWS. Had no problem loading "My recordings" Just for S&G I decided to try to play a recording. And to my suprise it started playing. I'm still 400 miles from home.

Update #2. Tried to get to my living room HWS on my tablet this afternoon and it is also working now. Don't know what changed because I haven't been home to change any settings.
Is it possible that somebody at home rebooted your router or Hoppers? Or, perhaps there was a temporary power outage that would have rebooted all?

I think I said I had 2 HWS's. One was connected to my router via ethernet cable. The other was not. As far as a reboot, I may have sent a reset command. There is no one at home and the living room HWS is on UPS. Who know. All I know is it's working now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)