Termination Question

I only "bash" people that come on here that don't even have dish anymore just to annoy others that might be happy with it and not think that directv is so perfect just because they have hd rsn's.

I guess you forgot I actually answered the OP's question :)
But that's OK. I'll let it slide

My RSN's are in HD when there's a GAME on. I haven't had to watch a Marlins or Rays game in SD yet! I could care less, about all the pre-game, or post game blah-blah being SD, since I don't watch that anyway. That's what SportsCenter is for! :D:up

For what it's worth, I called and cancelled while watching SNY in HD after cable was installed. When the CnSR asked what provider I was considering switching to, I told her I already had cable installed. There was no argument, no switching me over to customer loyalty, she just went ahead and did it. Took less than 2 minutes. I was a Dish customer for 10+years, and while I do remember now why I switched from Time Warner, there are things I like about it (all sports in HD always, picture-in-picture, the "look back" thing, etc.) and one thing I don't like (the channel guide). All in all it was a good move and I haven't missed a Mets game since.

To answer the OPs question, it is really up to you. You can do a post-dated cancellation and that would suit your needs. Once the installation happens, there is not really going to be a way to enjoy it (cables will likely no longer be connected anyway). You could set it for the 9th, being that the installation is not scheduled until the 8th. At any time, you can change the date if needed (installation does not happen or there is an issue).

Hate to hear that you are leaving DISH, but when something you don't have and really want is the reason, I cannot say I blame you. Hopefully in the future you allow us to provide service again.

TonyT@DISH Network said:
To answer the OPs question, it is really up to you. You can do a post-dated cancellation and that would suit your needs. Once the installation happens, there is not really going to be a way to enjoy it (cables will likely no longer be connected anyway). You could set it for the 9th, being that the installation is not scheduled until the 8th. At any time, you can change the date if needed (installation does not happen or there is an issue).

Hate to hear that you are leaving DISH, but when something you don't have and really want is the reason, I cannot say I blame you. Hopefully in the future you allow us to provide service again.

I have always preferred DISHover Direct TV one biggie I'd great customer service DISH has. Also I do not see any representatives from Direct TV on here like DISH TV has.

Today is the first day of your life.

I would pre cancel to give dish enough time to call you with a winback offer.

I doubt Dish can win me back at this point. I am looking at all of my RSN's (SNY, MSG, MSG+ and YES and all in full time HD) along with $30 off the bill for a comparable package (AT250 w/Platnum and DVR vs. Choice Ultimate w/HD Access and whole house DVR) for a year then it's just about what I am paying now.

I used to think Dish was the best until they killed Monsters and Rave. From that moment I could have gone either way. I even called TWC but they weren't giving me much of anything special as I already am a customer of their's for phone and internet.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will call to cancel Dish after I am up and running with Direct.