Thanksgiving DISH Network News

cditty said:
That was the funniest post I have read in years. I would be surprised to see a working XIP before 2014. Dish can't even fix the ones already out... As a matter of fact, they screwed up the one DVR that ran like a tank (722K) recently.

Prepare to be surprised. ;)

I don't have adaptive streaming on our 722k. The one movie I tried had to download first.

Better than letterbox we have a channel KENW from Roswell that broadcasts PBS in squeeze mode. This lets you stretch it back to 16:9 with a little loss of quality and certainly better than LB being zoomed on both axes, this just requires stretching X.

I found this when our PBS KNME stopped broadcasting OTA the Nightly Business News. KENW broadcast ARTS overnight. With no guide for KNME 5's companion KNMD 9, it is hard to guess where they may have put it--I should just look at their subscriber's monthly paper guide, but that takes some thought.

-Ken

I don't have adaptive streaming on our 722k. The one movie I tried had to download first.
I had that problem when they first rolled out the BBMP. But, now, streaming is quite well on my 722k.

Unfortunately, the available episodes are pretty limited. I realize that the HBO OD library isn't as vast as HBO Go. But, Dish doesn't even have all the titles that HBO says should be available on their HBO OD website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)