The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Well congrats to the peoples that got there Locals. All this calamity sure makes me glad I'm still an absolute HD Customer, there for I expect nothing, but Comedy HD would have been nice for South Park this evening. Heck I might even have to buy Rey a beer..!!! ;)

I don't have time to read all 17 pages here. So is new HD coming today or not? Didn't Dish say we would have it by April 1st? It it doesn't come today wouldn't it be false advertising?

as soon as E has them in stock i'll ship them out. i have all your user names. i will wait until midnight to start rolling the ball. these are lease free. the offer ends in the next five minutes from this post. chime in while you still can ;). Charlie,GIVE ME A FREAKIN UPLINK REPORT BY 5PM WITH SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can sense the persperation starting to form on Rey's forehead as he is counting the 922's that he will need to be sending out SOON (soon...term used courtesy of Dish Network) :eek:

Nobody knows if they are coming yet.

As for false advertising, they can change packages, channels, etc. at any time for any reason they feel like, so unfortunately, nothing can be done.

The only thing you'd have a possible case for would be if they utterly failed to provide much of any service - ie, if Charlie provides locals and maybe a few other channels, he can take your money, regardless of what package you supposedly have.

Sadly, this is something you'd have to take to court to fix, even at this extreme. As far as false advertising - there would have to be elements of actual fraud to meet any sort of statutory implementation of "false advertising" or similar things. Besides, it's not generally illegal to make boasting claims about your product, which is all Charlie can argue he was doing.

Personally, I have no doubts that Charlie is just milking the February price increases - free money in his pocket - as long as he can before starting any carriage that will actually cost him something. You jack prices up as fast as you can, you reduce service as fast as you can - you delay price drops and service increases as long as possible! Business 101!

Hey folks.. just an interesting tid bit. Checked out Dishnetwork on twitter, and they said that locals would be litten up around 5PM Eastern time... So i would assume that the national uplink will be at that time also... Mind you thats in like 20 minutes or so.

Hey Rey never said anything about a ViP922. He just said a 922.

I hate to break the news to you guys but the 922 Rey is sending you guys is a quarter inch ling phillips head screw. (Which happens to be Home Depots part number #922)

He wants you to hang it on your wall to remind you when Dish screwed you out of more HD by April 1st. :)

I still have a feeling however that Rey won't be needing to send out 922's to anyone. :)

:D:D lol. i think we'll see something light up too before the day ends.

Hey folks.. just an interesting tid bit. Checked out Dishnetwork on twitter, and they said that locals would be litten up around 5PM Eastern time... So i would assume that the national uplink will be at that time also... Mind you thats in like 20 minutes or so.

They also aren't responding to a query I made about National HD an hour ago. I hope that's not a sign. Responded to someone who commented that customer service sucked at the same time I made my query.

Hey Rey never said anything about a ViP922. He just said a 922.

I hate to break the news to you guys but the 922 Rey is sending you guys is a quarter inch ling phillips head screw. (Which happens to be Home Depots part number #922)

He wants you to hang it on your wall to remind you when Dish screwed you out of more HD by April 1st. :)

I still have a feeling however that Rey won't be needing to send out 922's to anyone. :)

The shipping will still be a killer! :D

I was looking back as some uplink reports from last year. There was one as late as 10:35 PM

Litten? There's a word one doesn't hear every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)