The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Look... I have the fix... I'll shut down the uplink PC for the day until tomorrow morning. That way we don't have to keep looking for new reports. ;)

Just spoke to a CSR, not that that means much, but he said there was no new HD coming out today and no news when it would be coming out. Also, just so you know, Roanoke has been "delayed" with no reasons given.

Cool cool. Since those are Turbo HD packages does that mean that the $10 HD add on pack wont get any new channels?

If you have a Classic package and the $10 HD add-on, you should get most, if not all, the Viacom HD to be added, if and when it ever does gets added. It's the Turbo subs who are worried they won't get it since they didn't get the Fox HD when it was made available back in February. It only went to the Classic with HD add-on subs. Doesn't look like it will happen this week again anyway even though Chuckles said by today on the Chat.

Here's what I got from the Dish network chat. Its not looking good.
I hope they just don't know what they are talking about.
This is NOT an April Fools
Joke!

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Anna Mary F..
(03) Anna Mary F.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Anna Mary F.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Anna Mary F.: We are working on our deal with the HDchannels and we fully anticipate making it available to our subscribers in HD in your area soon. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks.
damon Troch: But the Charlie Chat said Today April 1st Dishnetwork will be launching Spike HD,Comedy HD,MTV HD,VH1 HD,CMTHD,Bet HD,Nick HD.
damon Troch: Today is April 1st
(03) Anna Mary F.: I am so sorry to inform you, As of now we have not received any updates on this.
(03) Anna Mary F.: Also I do not want to give any wrong information.
(03) Anna Mary F.: but we are adding more HD channels soon.
(03) Anna Mary F.: So please check back with us with couple of days.
(03) Anna Mary F.: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
damon Troch: So your saying these channels are not launching today
(03) Anna Mary F.: Yes, You are correct.
damon Troch: WOW, Charlie Chat giving false information.
damon Troch: I guess thats all then.
(03) Anna Mary F.: I am so sorry about this.
(03) Anna Mary F.: it was pleasure assisting you.
(03) Anna Mary F.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
spacer.gif

We must have a serious crime problem in this country, if there are that many people with loaded guns being held to their heads, forcing them to subscribe to a Dish Network service they obviously don't like. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, folks!

Ooh, sorry, wrong answer. The correct answer is, "Why is Dish allowed to hold subscribers to contracts, while not having any obligations of their own?"

Let me throw this one up there... next Wednesday, dish will start to require the new smart card technology for HD channels.... but I still haven't given up hope for today. (yes, I am a sucker)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)