The Dish April 1st New HD Saga (Merged Threads)

Just got a message on Twitter that says they'll update us as soon as they know.

But it seems that almost everyone is in agreement that they are coming.

These things take time. When you are set to activate new stuff it never goes as planned. Give them some time to iron out the kinks.

We'll have our new HD.

today?

Is anyone really surprised we didn't get the Viacom HD today? T.I.D. This is the same E* that told us we'd have all this HD by the end of last year.

Yea, in a way I am. I would have bet quite a bit that Charlie, being so definitive, wouldn't simply disregard his verbal commitments.

I guess I underestimated how little regard he has for his subscribers, especially those of us on this board (which, admittedly, comprise only a small fraction of the base).

But, face it, we have only ourselves (including me, of course) to blame. Charlie has learned that regardless of the stunts he pulls there is a lot of sturm und drang but very little (at least so far) subscriber loss due to lack of national HD. We scream and threaten but when push comes to shove our reaction to this sort of thing is to come back asking for more. Do you blame him for acting the way he does? No consequences.

Just got a message on Twitter that says they'll update us as soon as they know.

But it seems that almost everyone is in agreement that they are coming.

These things take time. When you are set to activate new stuff it never goes as planned. Give them some time to iron out the kinks.

We'll have our new HD.

Kind of like we were supposed ot last Dec??

Well, this blows. I was looking forward to watching UFC Fight Night and the Ultimate Fighter in HD tonight.

Don't really understand why the CEO of the company would announce new channels coming and give a date without being more than 100% positive they would be up but, nothing I can do about it.

So, as someone new to this, will Dish make an announcement regarding why the channels weren't made available (such as "technical difficulties")or just go along as if nothing had ever changed since the original Spring 2009 announcement?

And Chuckles wonders why he lost 100,000 subs last QTR while Direct added 350,000.

This is the crap why people are leaving in herds....

logoblue.jpg
:D

Well, this blows. I was looking forward to watching UFC Fight Night and the Ultimate Fighter in HD tonight.

Don't really understand why the CEO of the company would announce new channels coming and give a date without being more than 100% positive they would be up but, nothing I can do about it.

So, as someone new to this, will Dish make an announcement regarding why the channels weren't made available (such as "technical difficulties")or just go along as if nothing had ever changed since the original Spring 2009 announcement?

Hi, Is that you posting under a different/new account ID?

Does it really suprize anybody that we didn't get the Viacom Hd suite when promised. I believe it was April !st----right out of charlies' mouth!!!! Its a wonder they keep losing subs each month. Ive been waiting for Speed hd for over ayear now. Still no Speed hd. How about that!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If there's no new HD today I will be disappointed. The CEO shouldn't be anouncing something with a firm date if it's not ready to go. This is a lot different than their earlier announcements of coming soon or coming sometime in the Spring. There was a fixed list of channels with a fixed date of 4/1.

I don't particularly care too much about any of these channels (not tremendous amounts of HD- except for Spike), but it's the principle of the thing. I'll be sending an email to CEO if these are not turned on today.

Whatever.. I think it will happen this week. No, I won't even give you a free hard drive if it doesn't. This may be one of those 2 AM uplinks.

I guess no new national hd channels today talked to csr and got this response

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN.
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. Please give me a moment while I review your issue.
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: Can you please describe for me the issue that you are experiencing?
matthew k: hello on the last charlie chat charlie said Comedy Central HD, MTV HD, Nickelodeon HD, Spike HD, VH1 HD, BET HD and CMT HD would be available april 1st i do not see these channels in my guide are they available?
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: I will be more than happy to assist you today.
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: Thank you. Those channels should be available sometime this spring. I apologize, I do not have an exact date.
matthew k: i thought that on th last charlie chat they said april 1
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: I apologize for the misinformation if they did say that. They are not yet available.
matthew k: so the only information you can give me is that they will be available in the spring? no more specific date than that?
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: That is correct. We do not have the date that they will be added at this point.
matthew k: ok
spacer.gif

If you have a Classic package and the $10 HD add-on, you should get most, if not all, the Viacom HD to be added, if and when it ever does gets added. It's the Turbo subs who are worried they won't get it since they didn't get the Fox HD when it was made available back in February. It only went to the Classic with HD add-on subs. Doesn't look like it will happen this week again anyway even though Chuckles said by today on the Chat.

Ok good to hear. I have the Classic 200 package or at least I think that's the one. It's the middle one and then the HD add on pack. So hopefully I will see some new channels "if" they get added.

I guess no new national hd channels today talked to csr and got this response

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN.
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: Thank you for being a valued Dish Network customer. Please give me a moment while I review your issue.
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: Can you please describe for me the issue that you are experiencing?
matthew k: hello on the last charlie chat charlie said Comedy Central HD, MTV HD, Nickelodeon HD, Spike HD, VH1 HD, BET HD and CMT HD would be available april 1st i do not see these channels in my guide are they available?
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: I will be more than happy to assist you today.
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: Thank you. Those channels should be available sometime this spring. I apologize, I do not have an exact date.
matthew k: i thought that on th last charlie chat they said april 1
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: I apologize for the misinformation if they did say that. They are not yet available.
matthew k: so the only information you can give me is that they will be available in the spring? no more specific date than that?
(24DrDcb) Jennifer C. JSN: That is correct. We do not have the date that they will be added at this point.
matthew k: ok
spacer.gif

Unless they are playing april fools, but my hope is gone to zero on getting to watch southpark in HD tonight.... I thought it was gonna be a good TV night..

Well, if they are not on after dinner, I am emailing the CEO to let him know I am moving to D*

I'm trying to check into D* as we speak. Not sure if this is a good option for me or not which is why I'm checking into it. I however, am getting tired of being lied to. First it was up to this amount of channels by the end of 08. When the end of 08 came and no new HD channels then it was April 1st. Well, here is April 1st and no new HD channels. The only channels they have added are ones that no one wants to watch with the exception of Fox News. Meanwhile D* keeps adding channels people actually watch not to mention they already had a bunch E* didn't to start with.

I'm trying to check into D* as we speak. Not sure if this is a good option for me or not which is why I'm checking into it. I however, am getting tired of being lied to. First it was up to this amount of channels by the end of 08. When the end of 08 came and no new HD channels then it was April 1st. Well, here is April 1st and no new HD channels. The only channels they have added are ones that no one wants to watch with the exception of Fox News. Meanwhile D* keeps adding channels people actually watch not to mention they already had a bunch E* didn't to start with.

Directv is a great service.

Only reason Im with Dish is because my wife hated OTA and I needed a couple of channels cheap.

Directv is a great service.

Only reason Im with Dish is because my wife hated OTA and I needed a couple of channels cheap.
quite the opposite here, OTA is a blessing because 3 channels can be recorded at once.

Usually the latter.

Yep OTA is a blessing here too because I get ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS in HD OTA but not through Dish. I just wish CW here was in HD too.

Direct Tv doesn't have my locals at all but since I get them in HD OTA I don't really need them.

I'm really thinking about D*. It's $150 for the start up costs then it's about the same per month as what I pay now.

Is the contract for 1 year or 2? I hate contracts so that's the biggest thing I'm looking at as a negative right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)