The Road to Super Bowl XLV: The 2010-11 NFL Playoffs

CBS is drooling a river right now (the AFC Championship Game for them is a no-lose scenario. All 4 possibilities are potentially awesome.)

I agree, but I definitely think there's a pecking order in their preferences.

IMO, that is;

1. Steelers-Patriots: Five championships between them the last decade.........nuff said

2. Jets-Steelers: #1 market vs. arguably the most popular NFL franchise
3. Jets OR Pats-Ravens: CBS wouldn't shed a tear over either matchup

Last edited:
I look forward to any time the Ravens and Steelers play each other............any true football fan would!

Bill was dangerously close to it being 2 straight years of his NFC Super Bowl pick was one-and-done.

Luckily, the Packers came through, preserving that pick for now.

If Green Bay wins at Atlanta, then the NFC Championship Game would be one of two extreme polar opposites- either a 7-9 team will host it, or the Packers and Bears would take their legendary rivalry to a monumental stage.

Talk about high-risk, high-reward potential!

With games in Pittsburgh, Chicago and Foxboro , we have a good chance at seeing some football in bad weather next weekend.

Okay, I pick all four road teams to win this weekend.

My confidence level ran the gamut from timid (Jets) to "honey, I just put three mortgage payments on a football game" (Saints)!

The good news: I got three out of four right! :up :)

The bad news: I don't think I can get an Internet connection in a cardboard box!! :eek: :eek: :D

Seriously, three out of four, and the ONE I get WRONG is SEATTLE!!! What are the odds!??

If Green Bay wins at Atlanta, then the NFC Championship Game would be one of two extreme polar opposites- either a 7-9 team will host it, or the Packers and Bears would take their legendary rivalry to a monumental stage.

Talk about high-risk, high-reward potential!

Yeah, I just thought of that today.........that would be pretty cool!

Now THESE are Must See games !!!

AFC divisional round

SATURDAY, JAN. 15

No. 5 Baltimore Ravens (13-4) at No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)
Heinz Field, 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS
Click here for playoff page

SUNDAY, JAN. 16

No. 6 New York Jets (12-5) at No. 1 New England Patriots (14-2)

Gillette Stadium, 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS

NFC divisional round

SATURDAY, JAN. 15

No. 6 Green Bay Packers (11-6) at No. 1 Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
Georgia Dome, 8 p.m. ET, FOX

SUNDAY, JAN. 16

No. 4 Seattle Seahawks (8-9) at No. 2 Chicago Bears (11-5)
Soldier Field, 1 p.m. ET, FOX

Imagine if you will .....

Should Seattle beat 'Da Bears, they would move to the Conference Championship game and FINALLY make it to .500 !!! sheesh ...

The Seattle Seahawks' 41-36 upset of the New Orleans Saints on NBC earned the highest preliminary rating for the early Saturday wild card game in two decades. The 18.3 overnight rating, with a 33 share, was the best since the Redskins-Eagles game during the 1990 season and up 8 percent from last year's Jets-Bengals matchup.

The New York Jets' last-second 17-16 victory over the Indianapolis Colts earned the highest rating since the NFL began airing prime-time wild card games in 2002. The 20.8/33 was the best for any Saturday wild card game since Arizona-Dallas during the 1999 season. It was up 6 percent from last year's Eagles-Cowboys game.

NFL playoffs' first 2 games set ratings milestones - NFL - SI.com

I predict Jets/Pats III will have the same outcome as their last game in Foxboro, but the game will be much closer.

Jets vs. Pats Regular Season Game 1: 28-14 Jets Win.
Jets @ Pats Regular Season Game 2: 45-3 Pats Win

Nothing in the two regular games gives us any forecast as to what the third showdown will result. On the other hand...

Steelers vs. Ravens Regular Season Game 1: 17-14 Ravens Win
Steelers @ Ravens Regular Season Game 2: 13-10 Steelers Win

I predict the Steelers/Ravens game will be decided by a field goal and be much closer than the Jets/Pats game.

I see a pattern

1 common thread to all playoff winners: The victors RAN the ball better than their opponent. Simple, but true.....

Seattle: 149yds
New Orleans: 77

NYJ: 169yds
Indy: 93

Balt: 142yds
KC: 108

GB: 138yds
Philly: 82

Who says this has become a passing league?

In the next rounds, I can see Atlanta out rushing Green Bay. Chicago out rushing Seattle. It's a toss-up between the Steelers and Ravens. As always, that game will be close.

Will New England be an exception to this rule? How will they out rush the Jets?

Jets vs. Pats Regular Season Game 1: 28-14 Jets Win.
Jets @ Pats Regular Season Game 2: 45-3 Pats Win

Nothing in the two regular games gives us any forecast as to what the third showdown will result. On the other hand...

Steelers vs. Ravens Regular Season Game 1: 17-14 Ravens Win
Steelers @ Ravens Regular Season Game 2: 13-10 Steelers Win

I predict the Steelers/Ravens game will be decided by a field goal and be much closer than the Jets/Pats game.
Don't forget, Little Ben didn't play in that first matchup... ;)

Don't forget, Little Ben didn't play in that first matchup... ;)

And the game Little Ben did play, it took a Joe Flacco fumble late in the 4th to let the Steelers get the ball back and score to win the game with time expiring.

Either way. Should be another helluva game. Is it possible for me to root against both teams? I don't want either to win. :)

It would be kind of cool if Matt Ryan and Matt Hasselbeck (both former BC Eagles QBs) faced off in the NFCCG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts