The Road to Super Bowl XLV: The 2010-11 NFL Playoffs

Never thought I would say this about the Pats this year but I have no doubt they will make it to the Super Bowl. It's amazing how they have turned it around.

Never thought I would say this about the Pats this year but I have no doubt they will make it to the Super Bowl. It's amazing how they have turned it around.

Yes, quite the turnaround. It was just a year ago that Belicheck was being ripped to shreds for going on fourth down in his own terriroty, that Wes Welker got hurt in a meaningless game 16, and that the Ravens showed up and destroyed the Bradys in their own building in round 1.

Sandra

Yes, quite the turnaround. It was just a year ago that Belicheck was being ripped to shreds for going on fourth down in his own terriroty, that Wes Welker got hurt in a meaningless game 16, and that the Ravens showed up and destroyed the Bradys in their own building in round 1.

Sandra

I thought his choice to go for it on fourth down was a good one at that time. I didn't think New England had a good defense to hold them . It just doesn't always work out. And the team last year was terrible anyway. But I didn't give them much chance this year . And neither did many of the people up in New England.

I thought his choice to go for it on fourth down was a good one at that time. I didn't think New England had a good defense to hold them . It just doesn't always work out. And the team last year was terrible anyway. But I didn't give them much chance this year . And neither did many of the people up in New England.

LOL I remember feeling like I was on 'Sandra Island' at the time because everyone else here was dog-piling on the Belicheck!

Sandra

No Doubt ?

In the toughest Conference ? I could see making that statement if they were in the NFC.

They can be happy they don't have to play the Raven AND Steeler's to get there.
Thats quite a break .... the Steelers and / or Ravens have to play both to get there.

No Doubt ?

In the toughest Conference ? I could see making that statement if they were in the NFC.

I agree..........."no doubt" is a tad hyperbolic

Thats quite a break .... the Steelers and / or Ravens have to play both to get there.

You are kidding, right? Right??

1. They beat BOTH the Steelers and Ravens on their way to the best record in the NFL. How is it a "break" that they don't have to play both? :confused:

2. The Jets aren't exactly the sisters of the poor.

Listen, any of the Steelers/Ravens/Jets trifecta is capable of beating the Pats in Foxboro, but to
say the Pats caught a "break" is a bit over the top. No?

No Doubt ?

I just don't see anyone in the NFL that is as good as the Patriots. I didn't think that at week 1.

1. They beat BOTH the Steelers and Ravens on their way to the best record in the NFL. How is it a "break" that they don't have to play both? :confused:

Listen, any of the Steelers/Ravens/Jets trifecta is capable of beating the Pats in Foxboro, but to

Regardless, Beat the Jets and you have to play one or the other a second time.

Just because you beat them once, doesn't mean you can do it again.

I see the AFC team that comes out as the favorite to win it all, regardless of who it is, unless it's Atlanta and the Jets, I would think thats a toss up.

Regardless, Beat the Jets and you have to play one or the other a second time.

Just because you beat them once, doesn't mean you can do it again.

Umm, where did I say that? :confused:

I was just pointing out that the Patriots EARNED their "break" is all. ;)

Umm, where did I say that? :confused:

I was just pointing out that the Patriots EARNED their "break" is all. ;)

You stated that you had beat them already, as it it wouldn't be a problem again ....

Maybe that just how I read it at the time.

PS. Bill, empty your PM box. :)

Last edited:
You stated that you had beat them already, as it it wouldn't be a problem again ....

Maybe that just how I read it at the time.

PS. Bill, empty your PM box. :)

:confused::confused::eek:

I expect the Packers / Falcons to be the 2nd best game of the w/e.

Could go either way !
I agree. This is the best game no one is talking about. Honestly, the only game of the four that I don't care if I see or not is Seahawks-Bears (but I'll watch it anyway :D).

If I'm Joe Sixpack living in South Dakota the game I'm looking forward to the most is Ravens-Steelers. It's real football being played by real men! Hell, I'm a Pats fan and even I am looking forward to this war almost as much as Jets-Pats!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)