The Walking Dead on AMC

Gareth immediately yelled that it's okay since they cooked it (him). Certainly sounds like it's something they've dealt with before and know that it's okay.
You are probably right about this. It would have been great to see how Gareth and the others evolve into what they became. I know we got glimpses but more would have explained it better. After all this is what makes this show great - speculation.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Think about it - they had plenty of captives that they could "test" this on. Take a prisoner out, allow them to be bitten or scratched and wait for the symptoms (acting strange, high fever), then fire up the grill. Take that "beef" and feed it to another prisoner and see what happens.

Well that confirms that was the reason Bob was crying outside the church, when he was taken. He was bit by the basement dwelling swimming zombies. I too wonder if just cooking the meat would keep the virus from killing the person who ate it. Maybe it was like a slow poisoning, that would eventually rot the person from the inside out?

I'm not sure that "poisonous" is the right term - it's simply that with the bite comes an infection (bacterial) that human's immune system seemingly can't defeat. Some people's immune system fights it and they live longer than others (some people die in minutes or hours while others live for a day or two or longer).

Don't confuse this infection with the "zombie virus" though.

Hospitals have backup generators although that would require quite a stockpile of diesel fuel. << Using generators like this is a stretch, mind you - I'm just throwing out that slight possibility. They will only run "essential" stuff off of them as well. If you noticed, they didn't have much, if any, lighting on.

I clearly said it was a stretch.... Unless they can find add'l supplies of diesel which shouldn't be that hard to do. Getting it and getting it to their generator could be though !

I'm not sure how the lights and water are all working, I'm assuming they are getting fuel for a generator, but I did notice that they were using car batteries for the equipment in the Dr.'s office. All of his equipment was hooked up to a series of car batteries.

I enjoyed the episode but it still didn't tell me enough. It seems like they are going to stretch out the hospital scene with Beth for a while before we get to the point where we saw Michone talking to Daryl.

I missed the car batteries in the doctor's office. He did have a record player going too.... I did see them in one of the patient's rooms and they used it to power the defibrillator.

how long has been since the epidemic broke more than 63 days. Backup generators full are rarely stock to last that long
I would say we are at least 2 - 3 years since the zombie thing happened. Laurie was flat, pregnant , gave birth and eaten by a zombie after Carl blew her head off and that was like two seasons ago. We have also had the baby Judith going through toddler stage and we have seen the whole Rick the farmer stage and the governor attacking them and being killed-twice: human/zombie . I would say at least 2 years at the minimum. Either way they never explained the electrical , water & plumbing still working. Maybe solar panels on the roof would explain the electrical ,but I never saw them . This episode would of been more credible if it happened closer to the beginning of the apocalypse. Because those cops were really delusional if they believed help was coming after all that time had passed.

Maybe I missed something. If Beth and Noah had to go through the elevator shafts to go out into street level, how did Dawn and the cops did it? It was mentioned that the stairs and elevators were all sealed. They are also located in a very high floor.

....This episode would of been more credible if it happened closer to the beginning of the apocalypse. Because those cops were really delusional if they believed help was coming after all that time had passed.
I agreed with your assessment. Plus they went out and looked for survivors. This is not like they were never exposed to the outside.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I think the elevator shaft/basement was simply an unguarded route outside. They have to have at least one safe way out. I missed the comment about the stairs and elevators being sealed.

They obviously have a way out so they can go find other survivors and get supplies but that route would be guarded like Hall said. There was another route that the Dr. showed Beth but that was covered with walkers. The elevator shaft must have been the only route Noah though they could escape from without being seen.

I still have a bunch of questions left from that episode and am looking forward to the next one. I didn't feel like I got very much closure on what was happenign with this episode but I still enjoyed it.

I can't remember what was happening when she was taken from Daryl but the cops keep saying they saved her. Did they truly save her or are they just telling her that so she feels that she owes them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts