The Weather Channel....is BACK!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is funny reading the Wikipedia entry for Weather Cast (now the Weather Nation channel):

The channel launched on Dish Network channel 213 on May 20, 2010. The next day, on May 21, 2010, Dish Network announced that it would be eliminating The Weather Channel from its lineups in favor of The Weather Cast, citing ... The Weather Channel's decision to move toward movies and other entertainment programming.

I bet if Directv keeps TWC they drop Weathernation, they dont list Weathernation in its packages. And on the scroll on TWC Directv says they are in negotiations with TWC and in the mean time watch Weathernation on Ch 361 compliements of Directv.

TWC is crap. They're more concerned about their alarmist agenda than giving accurate weather. And if I never see Al Roker again it will be too soon.

wow... the big countdown is to less than 8 hours... I sure hope everyone has familiarized themselves with civil defense fallout shelters, bought plenty of MRE's and stored water! A missed episode of "Highway Thru Hell" could cause chaos in the streets. Where's my vhs tape of Mad Max to review?

I hope Directv follows thru and drops the channel...its worthless. That said, I bet they won't, or it'll be back. I would think that NBC-Comcast will make a big issue of it for their other channels.

Maybe Dtv could replace the Weather Channel with G4 :) ... or they could show Prospectors, Storm Stories, Highway thru Hell ... 24/7 ... and no one would notice not having the Weather Channel.

wow... the big countdown is to less than 8 hours... I sure hope everyone has familiarized themselves with civil defense fallout shelters, bought plenty of MRE's and stored water! A missed episode of "Highway Thru Hell" could cause chaos in the streets. Where's my vhs tape of Mad Max to review?

Oh, the humanity - it's like Y2K all over again. Will any of us be here after midnight, if TWC is dropped?

I think Weathernation stays permanent regardless of what happens. From the promise website:
We launched WeatherNation (DIRECTV channel 361) as an alternative to provide 24/7 hard news weather coverage in response to numerous customer complaints that more than 40 percent of The Weather Channel’s programming is dedicated to reality television shows.
http://directvpromise.com/disputes/weather-channel/

A look of the tv listings shows Wx Center Live until 1:00am CT tonight.
Tomorrow, they resume with regular programming of Reality shows eating up the evening.

actually today it showed the realty stuff too...then the guide updated

Have not taken in everyones thoughts on this, my thoughts below as a weather enthusiast, I am not a Direct customer but have been, same with Dish, I am now with Charter.

TWC has done this themselves, the channel should be about weather, not reality TV, I have not witnessed but heard of severe weather events happening and TWC turns to their normal programming, turning away from live coverage.
When statements like mine are made on social media to Direct, they tell the viewers the programming is what they want to see, even though the viewer(s) are voicing concerns over the current programming. Turn a deaf ear to your customers and they eventually will not be your customers anymore.

What Directv should do is when they pull it have a slate (I'm sure they will) but have the background music be N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" :)

Just saw a tweet go by from RockyMtnMike on the Weather Channel... I wonder if its our own RockyMtnHigh whos name is Mike. (He was begging DirecTV not to remove The Weather Channel... so I don't think it was him.)

I see we have a new storm named by The Weather Channel... #StormDIRECTV how lame.

Just saw a tweet go by from RockyMtnMike on the Weather Channel... I wonder if its our own RockyMtnHigh whos name is Mike. (He was begging DirecTV not to remove The Weather Channel... so I don't think it was him.)

I see we have a new storm named by The Weather Channel... #StormDIRECTV how lame.
It's not him.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts