Thinking about dumping BB@Home

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Especially now that HDMovies is part of most packages. Really don't watch any of those channels anymore, especially EPIX which is just old, old, old. And I'm too old for most of Palladia. Been watching a TON of HBO GO. In terms of BB discs. Meh! I have three redbox less than five minutes away. Have Show and HBO (1/2, six months)So, just asking for thoughts..."should I stay or should I go"? $10.00 a month, is $10.00 a month. BTW, HBO is WELL worth it with GO.

I keep BB@home for the discs,epix,and a few other channels. I have no way to get discs except for a redbox about 30 minutes away. I like epix for the horror movies they show from time to time. IMO you should go ahead and drop it for the reasons you stated and save that 10 bucks a month.

I keep BB@home for the discs,epix,and a few other channels. I have no way to get discs except for a redbox about 30 minutes away. I like epix for the horror movies they show from time to time. MO you should go ahead and drop it for the reasons you stated and save that 10 bucks a month.
It's not really saving, just redistributing!;)

Keeping it until Monday night, after " The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzazi" on MGM. Great, weird flick. "Laugh-a while you can, Monkey Boy"

I looked it up on youtube. I think i'll set my DVR ;)
TON of stars from the 80's /90,s in that movie...Lithgow, Goldblum. Christopher Llloyd, Ellen Barkin and more.

Last edited:
Agreed. The BB at home disk service is terrible. Everything in my que always had short wait or long wait next to it and if I received 3 disks in a month I was lucky. Streaming search function cumbersome and selection of movies poor. The only thing I liked about BB was getting Universal HD. I didn't watch the other HD channels in the package and the BB service itself isn't worth $1 in my opinion.

One way BB@home has some value for me is having a blockbuster very close to my home. From what i read those who have no blockbuster store to exchange it really lacks value. If I didn't I don't think I would keep the package either. Though after this winter I think I would drop it as we don't watch much tv in the summer

Yea the in store exchange was nice and I think made it better than Netflix. The problem is that they closed all the blockbuster stores in my area.

I used to know the location only 6 of them near to my house, they are all closed as of today.

I just don't see the value with bb@home anymore.They have taken some of the channels that were exclusive to that package and added them to other basic packs,afaik they haven't added anything new to bb@home,I get epix on the roku,not sure if its because of netflix subscription or what but still works fine.Not to mention you can get a free month trial of Epix every 3mos or so.

I saw no value when I had it either. Your really better off with going to Netflix

That's exactly what I decided two months ago. Netflix I actually watched ,but Blockbuster dvds I waited to watch ,were already on HBO or other premium channels by the time I got them in the mail. Epix re ran the same movies over and over and over again. Reminded me a bit of Voom ,except they were more up to date movies. But how many times can you watch Hot Tub Time Machine?

Agreed. The BB at home disk service is terrible. Everything in my que always had short wait or long wait next to it and if I received 3 disks in a month I was lucky. Streaming search function cumbersome and selection of movies poor. The only thing I liked about BB was getting Universal HD. I didn't watch the other HD channels in the package and the BB service itself isn't worth $1 in my opinion.
I have been getting some very long wait movies here lately.

I had two reasons for subscribing to BB@Home: 1) Sundance (kiss that goodbye!) and 2) Blockbuster had a very extensive inventory, with a lot of titles Netflix didn't have, and a 48-hour turnaround. Well, their inventory is definitely shrinking, and since they closed my local distribution center and moved everything to Seattle, turnaround has grown from 48 hours to a solid week. I never watch Epix, MGM, or any of the other BB@Home channels. I can get all those 80's and 90's movies on Netflix. I have a BB queue of about 12 titles, all older movies that I can't get from Netflix, and I want to see those movies; so in about 3 months, when the queue has emptied out, I will be dropping BB@Home.

My impression is that Dish is not even trying to keep the BB rental business going. I think they are just skimming the cream for a couple of years until they figure out how to get their streaming app to work.

I just came back from exchanging a DVD at our local blockbuster, not dishes fault but I just don't see many movies worth seeing right now and in general. But maybe my movie tastes are not that wide :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)