Time Warner Cable pulls MSG and FSN NY

pjm8047 said:
Do you think the Cable customers will switch to Satellite? :) :)

If some of those cable customers (Mets fans) decide to switch to Satellite; the logical choice would be to subscribe to Direct TV. If they choose Dish Network they will have to switch to DTV next year anyway because there is no way Dish Network will pick up the new Mets Network next year.

I mean its been 4 years already and Dish Network has yet to reach a deal with Yes Network... What would make anyone feel confident that good ole cheap charlie will pick up the new Mets Network next season...

just my 2 cents......

fresco said:
If some of those cable customers (Mets fans) decide to switch to Satellite; the logical choice would be to subscribe to Direct TV. If they choose Dish Network they will have to switch to DTV next year anyway because there is no way Dish Network will pick up the new Mets Network next year.

I mean its been 4 years already and Dish Network has yet to reach a deal with Yes Network... What would make anyone feel confident that good ole cheap charlie will pick up the new Mets Network next season...

just my 2 cents......

The only choice for cable Mets fans is Direct TV, Dish does not carry the Mets in Syracuse area. Same problem "Charlie will not pay what MSG and FSNY want". Time Warner Cable in Northern NY dropped the WPIX channel last year to add Time Warner News channel. I got Mets games last year on DISH WPIX and was not blacked out, don't know about this year.

fresco said:

just my 2 cents......

I hate to say it, but he's probably right. New York is probably the most expensive market from a RSN standpoint as we have FoxSports NY, MSG, YES, AND the new Mets Channel coming next year. Charlie seems unwilling to pony up any more for New York subscribers so if you want to be sure to be on a platform that will get the new channel, D* is the only way to go. That could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me as well. Not enough HD is a nuisance, no Mets baseball for me is a dealbreaker. I'm not signing anymore long term commitments after my current expires this November (I got a free 510 18 months ago in exchange for a 2 year commitment.)

Not to mention somehow D* has the money to provide YES in HD... If you new yorkers wanna be heard I'd say drop charlie and pickup directv.

Dont agree with Charlie much but !!!!

who cares about YES the Yankees make enough money without me giving them more. Why should i pay more for a channel i can't even get. Yankee fans get a life and go back to cable!!!!!

plumfam4 said:
who cares about YES the Yankees make enough money without me giving them more. Why should i pay more for a channel i can't even get. Yankee fans get a life and go back to cable!!!!!

OK, but here what I DON'T understand - let's look at this:

D* TC is $42 & gives you YES
E* AT120 is $43 & DOESN'T give you YES (nor about a dozen other channels that ARE in TC)

OK, so since the E* subs are paying $1 MORE than D* subs, how IS E* saving YOU money by NOT having YES??? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

dishrich said:
OK, but here what I DON'T understand - let's look at this:

D* TC is $42 & gives you YES
E* AT120 is $43 & DOESN'T give you YES (nor about a dozen other channels that ARE in TC)

OK, so since the E* subs are paying $1 MORE than D* subs, how IS E* saving YOU money by NOT having YES??? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Hmm... I don't know why many people think that Dish Network is saving them so much money by not having YES.

Charlie however, says he needs to raise everyone rates if he adds YES Network. So the Dish Network subs hear this and believe him... Poor naive dish network subs; they'll believe anything charlie tells them...

It baffles my mind how Direct TV can make YES available and keep there rates relatively the same and in some cases lower than Dish Network (who has no YES)

I am still wondering why Dish Network raised the rates by $3 this year. They didn't add any quality channels to there lineup. They keep adding nothing but ethnic networks...

So since Dish Network doesn't offer the YES Network; I believe they should give the NY area subs at least a $2 rate decrease for this.... I mean Charlie is saving money...why not give some of it back to there loyal naive subs...

Bottom line is that Charlie is cheap and the money he saves by not having YES goes right into his pockets... :(

fresco said:
Bottom line is that Charlie is cheap and the money he saves by not having YES goes right into his pockets... :(

As opposed to Steinbrenner's pocket? Makes no difference to the vast majority of us.

The channel is available through a number of other sources. Effected subscribers need to move to another provider and be happy, or accept the fact that E* WILL NEVER HAVE YES and get over it it.

NightRyder

First of all...DirectTV only signed YES because of the proposed merger. They got rid of a lot of inventory in the tri-state area. They got stuck on a losing situation which I'm sure Rupert will change in 18 months when the contract runs out. Second ...C would have to raise everyone's rate because YES want to be on the basic package. You tell a Red Sox fan that his bill is going up $1 which will go the help th Yankee payroll. C has offered YES a channel a la cart in which they can keep all of the $, but YES says NO. The Yankees are never just happy making money....they must have lots of money always at their fans expense. i hear that E* and the YES have come to an agreement as far as placement and $, but the issue now id that C wants a 5 year deal and YES wants to go 18 months so that all of their contracts end up at the samen time. At which time it starts all over again. Last ...some good news for Mets fans, E* has already reached an agreemnt with the new Mets Sports channel that is to debut next year. It was announced at CES in January.

Just my opinions and more
Wally

Wally Michaels said:
Second ...C would have to raise everyone's rate because YES want to be on the basic package.
Steinbrenner's probably angry that the Braves games are in the basic package (TBS) and his arn't.

Derwin0 said:
Steinbrenner's probably angry that the Braves games are in the basic package (TBS) and his arn't.

TBS has other programming worth watching. You watching a radio program (mike and the mad dog) for 6 hours a day on YES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts